Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Insurance Defense Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Health Care Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Pennsylvania on
Q: Is there anything I can do to at least reduce the bill?

My insurance dropped me because I “make too much money” but I never received the notice they said the mailed me. So I had gone to the ER and now I have a $4000 hospital bill. The insurance company said I can’t file a complaint because I am no longer insured under them and the insurance... Read more »

Elizabeth Tarasi
Elizabeth Tarasi answered on Jan 1, 2020

The hospital should have a process where you can apply to have the bill reduced. Call the hospitals billing department

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Pennsylvania on
Q: Who can I contact to help me with a denied car insurance claim? Someone hit me, and was clearly at fault.

I received a denial letter after explaining my side of the story. The driver knew he was at fault. In a one lane road, he moved off to the left of the road to turn left, I proceeded to pass him on the right to go around him and he unexpectedly moved back into the center of the lane to now make a... Read more »

Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko answered on May 29, 2018

If you have collision coverage, you should contact your insurance company. If you do not, your only recourse would be to sue the other driver. Although you can handle this yourself in small claims court before a magistrate, you would be best advised to hire a lawyer. If it goes beyond a... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Pennsylvania on
Q: Im being sued by another insurance co due to auto accident, do I need a personal lawyer to represent me?

My auto insurance didn't cover the full amount of her auto damage. I was at fault due to me rear ending her. My car was totaled but the other vehicle I hit was driven from the scene. No personal injuries. My insurance company does have a lawyer but not sure if they are protecting me or just my... Read more »

Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko answered on Dec 18, 2017

If you have property damage coverage and your insurance company has hired a lawyer to defend the case, the lawyer is responsible for defending the entire case, not just the portion of the claim covered by your insurance. You are actually the client being represented, not the insurance company,... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Pennsylvania on
Q: I live in pa, I was in accident and was my fault. the insurance company is threatening to sue, what can I do?

the car I was driving insurance didn't cover me driving the car. the insurance company says I owe almost 20,000 dollars and I am broke and no job. have made one payment tried to set up other payments but they said they were not sufficient enough. so now I think are threatening to sue. I own nothing... Read more »

Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko answered on Oct 12, 2017

A public defender is only for criminal cases. It sounds like you should consult with a bankruptcy lawyer, who could advise you if personal bankruptcy is the route to go.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Pennsylvania on
Q: A lady ran a stop sign and caused an accident with her husbands car but he told insurance she didn't have permission to

Drive the vehicle and there fore he is not responsible to fix damages made to my vehicle from her ?

Clark Mitchell
Clark Mitchell answered on Jan 31, 2017

Unfortunately you will need to consult legal counsel. There are numerous questions: Is the wife living with husband, Is she named under the liability policy, What was her purpose in driving his care, what is their history.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Insurance Defense and Medical Malpractice for Pennsylvania on
Q: I got in a dispute of $550 with my dental office. They claimed they did services which my insurance won't cover

They did not tell me those are not covered. I only came for 2 teeth filing which I am supposed to pay some portion and insurance company pays other. So I dispute with my insurance company and the insurance performed an audit based on the dentist claims resulting me owing even more money. I did not... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 18, 2017

You can tell them you did not consent to the services they are billing you. If they have a debt collector call you you file a complaint with the medical board that licenses dentists.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Pennsylvania on
Q: In PA, what can a person do who wants to keep their car from being declared a total loss?

I was rear-ended and pushed into a car in front of me. The insurance co of the guy who hit me wants to declare my car totaled. I believe they are undervaluing my car. They also are including repairs in the cost that are not necessary to make it able to pass a vehicle safety inspection.... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 24, 2016

They may be doing you a favor. First, if you were hurt, contact a member of the Pennsylvania Assn for Justice--we give free consults, just like I'm doing now. In Pennsylvania it is the option of the company to pay or total the car out. If you want to keep it you can buy it back for salvage value.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Pennsylvania on
Q: I am a renter in pa over memorial weekend I had a $1600.00 tool stolen from the property, I didn't have insurance.

Is this a total loss or can I collect on landlords homeowners insurance

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 25, 2015

Sorry to hear that.You can try, but most likely the claim will be rejected because it's your property. Consider renter's insurance moving forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.