Tennessee Securities Law Questions & Answers

Q: What is the age of custodianship termination in TN

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Apr 1, 2019
Anthony Marvin Avery's answer
You can specify almost any age up to 59 1/2. However most Grantors would end Custodianship and begin withdrawals when the Beneficiary reaches 21, or sometimes later such as 30, 35. It is your decision.

Q: Why does a suit that was filed in state court go to Federal court? On a slip and fall, if your witness is the asst

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Securities Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Aug 26, 2018
Jedidiah "Jed" McKeehan's answer
If you have sued for over $75,000.00, and the entity you have sued has a home office location in another state, that combination of factors is the most likely reason that the case was removed to federal court.

Q: If a person commits the crime of "hindering a secured creditor" but the value is greater than $999.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Contracts, Securities Law and Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Jul 11, 2017
Leonard Robert Grefseng's answer
Sorry, but your question is unclear- hindering a secured creditor is a class "E" felony. Some theft offenses are graded according to the value - in some situations under $500 or $1,000 could be a misdemeanor. However, this code section says its a felony. If you have not already done so, report the offense to the police and help the District attorney prosecute the offender. Consider speaking to an attorney to give you advice on possible civil remedies.

Q: Where can I find case law regarding the role of the Board of Directors under the Sarbanes Oxley Act?

2 Answers | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Securities Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Nov 30, 2016
Bennett James Wills' answer
Google Scholar is a good free resource. You could also go to a library at a local law school like UT, Belmont, or Vandy depending on where you are located. Those are probably the best resources.

Q: Can i get a general dismissal release thrown out he lied to get me to sign it. based on what the car lot owner said?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense, Lemon Law and Securities Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Jun 29, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Not sure what is going on here and who the person is. Suggest you contact a consumer attorney go to www.naca.net

However they won't be able to do anyhing for your financial situation immediately so you need to develop a plan to meet your needs to get to work, etc.

Q: What is a security bond?

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Jul 21, 2015
Adam Studnicki's answer
It depends on the context. A bond may be issued by a bonding company for security against certain risks.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.