Tennessee Products Liability Questions & Answers

Q: non disclosure of salvage title

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on Jan 15, 2019
Anthony Marvin Avery's answer
Hopefully you have a Bill of Sale for needed information. You can sue the Seller for Fraud and Breach of Contract. But you will need some proof of the Salvage Title non-disclosure. You can also make a complaint against the Used Car Dealer with the State Regulatory Board against his Dealer's License and Surety Bond.

Q: I own a small retail electronic cigarette store and was named in a product liability law suit. Now unable to renew ins.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on Dec 5, 2018
Mr. James Charles Wright's answer
If you have insurance, you should make them aware of claim. The insurer may provide you with a defense. Also a seller has a number of defenses to a products claim. Not sure why you cant get insurance. May need to ask another agent to help you. I am assuming this means after this claim was made, your insurer notified you it would not renew you.

Q: Bought a used car 2 months ago with only 1/2 the buyers guide posted on its window...

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on Mar 26, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
If they knew or should have known, that's one issue. Check the VIN number and get a carfax report. They could have. Your better claim may be through the State AG's office of Consumer Affairs.

Q: How can I stop a trademark that someone has made that isn’t theirs to trademark?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability and Trademark for Tennessee on
Answered on Feb 1, 2018
Michael Gerity's answer
If a person has a legitimate basis for objecting to a trademark application filed by another, there are a couple of approaches that can be pursued. One is to contact the other applicant and attempt them to abandon the application based upon whatever basis there is for objection. Another is to wait until the application gets published for opposition, and then file an opposition with the Patent & Trademark Office.

***Please note the important disclaimers at the bottom of the page.***

Q: Is it legal for my employer to make me sign liability before returning to work after accident not work related at all

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on Dec 23, 2017
Robert D. Kreisman's answer
It's not illegal to ask you to sign a waiver, but before you do so, I would urge you to consult with a local attorney well-versed in workers' compensation law.

Q: I filed a product liability case in 2014 for my husband he died last June. How long do these complex cases take ?

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on Jul 18, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Depends on the circumstances but very often they can take a while. You need to sit down with the attorney and discuss what happens now that he is passed, etc.

Q: I had hernia mesh surgery and am having lots of pain swelling the same symptoms as before do what info do I need to file

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on Jun 9, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
A lawyer can't give medical opinions. You need to follow up with the surgeon and/or your internists. You may have a case if the mesh is the problem. First find out what your problem is. Generally statute of limitations is one year if surgery in Tennessee. As to the case against the manufacturer. Contact a member of the Tennessee Assn for Justice who handles medical products cases.

Q: What is considered illegal with automotive parts mark-up?

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability, Consumer Law and Business Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Aug 23, 2016
Leonard Robert Grefseng's answer
I am not aware of ANY limitation on the mark-up of automotive parts. If you have not yet paid them, I would confront them with the prices you've obtained and try to negotiate a reduction. If you have already paid them, you may still want to confront the management with all this information. If they won't make any adjustment, Consider giving them negative reviews on their website and other social media. ( But don't discuss these actions with them). If you do so, publish only what is absolutely...

Q: Can I file a risperdal lawsuit in north Dakota if I live in Tennessee to use there statute of limitations?

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on May 29, 2015
Adam Studnicki's answer
I know a law firm handling these cases nationwide. If you'd like, I can put you in touch with them and they can determine if they can help you. Be well.

Q: I bought milk that was marked as still good and seemed to have a good seal, but when my son drank it he got sick

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability for Tennessee on
Answered on Jul 6, 2011
Burton A. Padove's answer
There is no question posted. However, unless your child had long term effects caused by the milk, it is not likely that an attorney would accept your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.