Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Colorado White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Employment Law and White Collar Crime for Colorado on
Q: What should be my steps to address a manager (family member) who there is evidence of embezzling, money laundering, the

The illegal activities have been going on for four+ years. Additional problems include missing records and failure to return key business information such as passwords and financial information. IRS, state/local sales tax and lodging taxes have gone unpaid. What are steps (and with whom) regarding... View More

Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
answered on Jun 17, 2020

If you want to get your money back, I recommend that you contact a local attorney to review your facts and damages. Then you can have a detailed discussion about your rights, remedies, risks, strengths and weaknesses of your case, the law, timeline, etc.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law, Civil Litigation and White Collar Crime for Colorado on
Q: What can happen to a notary that notarizes completely blank POA's? He tells people to fill them out later.

This guy works for the county jail. He passes them out to inmates. What can happen to him? I know this is wrong. They are complete blank, nothing filled out. He just notarizes them like this.

William Jaksa
William Jaksa
answered on Oct 14, 2019

In my jurisdiction he would lose his ability to be a notary; if he's a licenced paralegal or lawyer there would be sanctions from the law society; depending on the context and extent there could be criminal charges for breach of duty or fraud.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Colorado on
Q: What do I do as am I being charged with a white collar crime? A guy offered to buy us drinks and gave me the card to pay

A guy offered to buy my friends and I drinks at a night club. When I ordered some drinks he handed me the card to pay for it then the bartender swiped it and left to get security. Next I was getting detained then arrested for theft and fraud.

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Feb 11, 2017

You will need to contact a criminal law attorney. Depending on the severity of the charges and your income you may qualify for a public defender. At this point, you should cease talking to the police and work on finding a lawyer (or having a PD appointed). Lastly, an arrest does not mean that you... View More

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for Colorado on
Q: If I sold a house and gave the buyer information I thought was true which turned out not to be but I have no proof

that I didn't know aboout it, does that qualify as fraudulent misrepresentation?

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Nov 11, 2016

Talk to a real estate attorney. This type of question is very fact specific, so there is no automatic "yes" or "no" answer. As a general rule, the larger financial impact the non-disclosure, the higher likelihood of litigation and the better chances of the buyer winning. Also be... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.