Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Florida Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: I wanted to know if there is any other legal avenue available to him? He's served 31 years in prison as of today.

At the present moment his sentence is life in prison with parole eligibility after 25 years running consecutive with 15 years running consecutive with 15 more years running consecutive with 5 years. At the time of his crime in 1991, the sentencing judge had discretion in sentencing him to either... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: So a classmate of mine whom I'm friends with was arrested on the case of a death threat,

will I be questioned about the accused? the hearing is at the end of the month so I'm not sure. A death threat is a 2nd degree felony in Florida I've heard.

0 Answers | Asked in Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: So my now ex assaulted me a week ago he was not arrested because he lied to the police and the police said there was no

So my now ex assaulted me a week ago he was not arrested because he lied to the police and the police said there was no physical evidence that he assaulted me. I went to the hospital from the scene and was diagnosed with a concussion I went the next day and took out a protection order the judge... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: Good Morning, I think I may need some guidance regarding an issue I am having.

I met someone online and this person is completely legit. He decided he was going to send some personal to my residence. He sent the parcel via an international courier. They asked for an overweight fee which was paid. Then they scanned the parcel and found some funds inside. I was not made aware... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Mar 29, 2022

Yes, it does seem as though it may be some sort of a scam. A stranger who you met online sending you stuff such as cash is suspicious. Contact the Department of Homeland Security &/or the FBI.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: I want to ask about fraud and romance fraud and being deceived into investing money

I was investing in a man I thought I would marry and found out he was married. What can I do about getting my money back?

Richard W. Noel
Richard W. Noel answered on Mar 2, 2022

Did you file a police report for fraud? That's about the extent of what you can do in the criminal realm. You may be able to pursue civil claims for fraud. I suggest speaking with an attorney. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, Government Contracts and Wrongful Death for Florida on
Q: What is the best way to find/establish a lawful team to sue a prison for negligence, wrongful death, & other violations?

Prison Location: North Carolina

My Location: Florida

Relation to deceased: Daughter

Date of Death: 10/18/2020

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Dec 12, 2021

So sorry to hear about your daughter. Since this happened in North Carolina, you must search for an attorney in that state. Look for attorneys handling civil rights. Options: (A) Click on the Justia find-a-lawyer tab up top; (B) Search the National Lawyers Guild site at... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: The demanding agency had already stated that they don't wish to extradite why is my husband being rearrested

Fugitive from justice arrest made in Florida in 2019 arrested again for the same in 2021 the Manning agency stated no longer wish to extradite in 2019

Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral answered on Dec 6, 2021

In order to have someone assist you on this very serious matter, try to phrase this as a question. For example, what question do you want an answer to? Ex: Can they do that? What should you do next? You may want to directly consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Health Care Law for Florida on
Q: I live in Florida. The sister-in-law of a guy I met not long ago, is a pharmacist at Walgreens. She went into my

medical history without reason or permission and told other people what was in it. I have never actually met her and have never been to that Walgreens. I wanted to know what course of action I could take, the specific laws she's breaking and what the penalty would be. I would also like to know... Read more »

Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral answered on Nov 23, 2021

It sounds like your medical privacy rights may have been violated. You can make a complaint with Walgreens for the HIPAA violation. 45 C.F.R. § 164.530(d) requires that covered entities have procedures in place for individuals to complain about an entity’s compliance with its privacy policies... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: Ballistic knives are basically banned everywhere around here. What about ballistic spikes?

It's hard to find a state where a ballistic knife isn't banned. In Florida, they're the only knife that is banned by name. My question is, what about a ballistic spike? If the protruding portion of the spring-based weapon doesn't have a sharp edge along the length, but instead... Read more »

Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral answered on Nov 9, 2021

There is an old saying in criminal defense: “You might beat the case, but you won’t beat the ride to jail.” Basically, while you may be right that a spike is not the same thing as a blade, a police officer may not agree with you and might arrest you anyways, and then you will have to fight... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Federal Crimes and Intellectual Property for Florida on
Q: the petition never received a formal accounting, and the case was dismissed, to find out that there were assets in trust

property was hidden that petitioner was in trust for him , bc trustee got divorced and were not able bc my father took my identity and sold the property to him self then when my mother went to sell she couldn't bc it was trust assets and deed and tittle in my name

Linda Liang
Linda Liang answered on Nov 6, 2021

Do you have a question? If you do not know what to ask, you should contact an attorney for a consultation as a start

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: I need an attorney to speak with from the Middle District of Florida to represent me to file a lawsuit on a court

From a federal agency that has abused me at home and in my car for eight years and two months.

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Nov 2, 2021

It's hard to tell from your brief description what your legal issue is. The word "abused" does not indicate which rights you believe were violated. (For example, the right to be free from false arrest or police excessive force, the right to freedom of speech, the right to be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: I’m got put on felony probation but my felony charge for noell processing why

My felony got noell processing and my misdemeanor got held so why did I get out on felony probation

Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Oct 27, 2021

Sounds like a plea bargain…probation is probation regardless of who is doing the monitoring. Felony probation typically exceeds twelve months, while misdemeanor probation is typically less than twelve. Regardless, you are being supervised by a state/county agency for the time period the judge... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: In Florida if you are charged with a felony battery but its withheld adjutifacation are you still a felon?
Jeffrey H. Garland
Jeffrey H. Garland answered on Oct 20, 2021

If a person please guilty or no contest to felony battery, and if adjudication is witheld, then the person is not a "convicted felon" for the purpose of loss of civil rights and right to bear firearms in Florida. This assumes that the person has not been adjudicated guilty of any other... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Florida on
Q: Where do I file a legal and/or criminal complaint if parties are in different states?

I wanted to look into filing a complaint against against some people for possible crimes, such as hacking my company's website and blackmail over the computer/text. I live in FL, they live in CA, and these incidents took place while they were in NY and CA. Can I file claims and complaints with... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Oct 15, 2021

You do not "file" criminal complaints; a prosecuting attorney for one of the several jurisdictions involved would do that. You would contact the governmental agency (such as a district attorney or state attorney in California, New York, or Florida; the FBI or Justice Department for the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Civil Rights and Medical Malpractice for Florida on
Q: Good morning. I am looking for some answers for my trans child M-F currently in the Florida Prison System.

Medical needs are not being met. A recent diverticulitis flare up went untreated for approx 6 weeks causing extreme pain and a 40+ lbs weight loss. I filed complaints with PREA, Inspector Generals office, the prison directly and got no results. My child has now been transferred to the 3rd prison... Read more »

Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Oct 6, 2021

You need to retain a lawyer to review the file and then meet with them…Some lawyers may offer a free consult (be mindful of the adage that says “advice you receive for free is worth what you paid for it…nothing.”

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Federal Crimes and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Florida on
Q: On Appeal to District Appellate Court my case was VACATED and REMANDED back to the Bankruptcy Court. The Court REFUSED.

The Bankruptcy Court said I owed

Payment s to my plan . My case was ruled against me and ended before the Appeal the Appellate Court decided the Vacate Remand Order. The Bankruptcy Judge who did so was removed from his cases before he made the decision.

I have unquestionable... Read more »

Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Oct 4, 2021

This question was posted as a question on patents (inventions). That is not the right topic. You may get better answers if you post this as a bankruptcy question.

Good Luck

Kevin E Flynn

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: I was given a ticket for usc 1382 but was on a parcel of land owned by Monroe County,Fl and not on NAS property.

Can I get this dismissed, we had no intent to be on military property but we’re on county property as listed by the county appraiser.

Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Sep 16, 2021

Dismissal of this case will be made based on evidence at a trial. You shoul hire a lawyer to represent you.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: I filed a 2255 petition while in prison that was denied.COA also denied. I appealed the denial of a COA and released

From prison shortly after. I notified both the eleventh circuit and the US Attorney of my release address. A month later the US Attorney mailed me a certificate of interested person's with an appellate case number (18-13559-E). I have since heard nothing from the courts or US Attorney. It has... Read more »

Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels answered on Aug 30, 2021

Call the Clerk of Court in the court of your case. Most information like this is publicly available, so the Clerk of Court can answer any questions about the status of your case. Be sure you have the case number, if that's available to you.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: If I was given a gun and did not transfer the registration to my name, can the original owner claim I stole it?

In florida

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 19, 2021

Anyone can claim anything. If you have been charged you want to discuss the matter with an attorney who handles criminal cases in the county where the charges have been brought. Otherwise it's not clear what the issue is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.