Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law, Entertainment / Sports and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: I am 18. I’m curious with “sb 319” that Brian Kemp has passed. Will I be legally able to open carry a handgun in public.

I live in Georgia, and am very use to the rule that you can be 18 and possess a handgun in your vehicle, place of business, and home. Just not in public until you have a weapons carry license which was minimum age 21. However with the new bill eliminating the requirement for a permit in April 2022.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Gov & Administrative Law and Traffic Tickets for Georgia on
Q: Can I get a license suspension notification and a driving on suspended license charge at the same time?

In Georgia i was pulled over and received the notice and the driving on suspended license ticket at one stop.

0 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: Would it be legal for me as an 18 year old resident of Georgia to carry a pistol?

I'm about to be 18 years old and been doing some research, But I am still confused on carrying a pistol in Georgia. From what my understanding is that you can have a pistol in your possession in Georgia at 18 but it's very vague on concealed carrying a pistol in Georgia at 18 with the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Health Care Law for Georgia on
Q: I overdosed yesterday and an ambulance along with officers came and I got medical help. If I am on felony probation

Can I be violated by probation for this, or am I covered under Georgias Good Samaritan law and 911 medical amnesty law?

0 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Civil Litigation and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: I need a loophole on foreseeable damages on a negligence case. Against a business and or the transportation dept.

I had no physical injury but have been close to suicide as a direct result for the d.o.t negligence.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: If your ci for a drug task force and dhs comes in and they don't know it and your being drug tested

If your a ci for drug task force and dhs doesn't know it and they want to drug test you but as known you can't blow your cover because then the whole world would know so you react like these individuals and you have to do like they do which is if they say hey hit this you have to so would... Read more »

Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
answered on May 22, 2022

Get your handler to put instructions IN WRITING so IF there are negative consequences you have a built in defense. You may want to hire a private lawyer to assist you as the Cops will hang you out to dry more often than not.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: We are under investigation by the FBI and department of veteran affairs for fraud - no charges yet - what should we do?

GI BILL program fraud 85/15 rule - business raided this morning and evidence collected - the owner paid a man to be the expert liason for the program which she knew little about and he submitted false documents to her which he assured her was how it was supposed to be done and she signed them and... Read more »

Zachary Taylor Beck
Zachary Taylor Beck
answered on Apr 14, 2022

Hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer and do not answer any of the investigators questions.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Georgia on
Q: Hi my fiance was arrested I didn't press any charges but the state did is there anyway I could get them dropped?

His charge is a misdemeanor he's recently in Jackson county jail and his bond is $1350 he broke a mirror that he gave to me

Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
answered on Jan 12, 2022

The State, through elected prosecutors, retains all authority when it comes to whether to pursue charges or not, unfortunately.

THAT BEING SAID, as the alleged victim you retain substantial influence over whether the State can be successful in trying to prosecute him. First off you have...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: If I'm off probation and completed my 1st offenders sentencing successfully does that mean I was discharged by a judge?
Morris  Margulis
Morris Margulis
answered on Jan 6, 2022

It should, but you should check with the clerk of the court that sentenced you to first offender probation to be sure.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: Can the BOD Majority Members vote to cancel a properly called meeting by a Minority Member who wants to discuss a topic?

I am 1 of 5 Board of Directors and the VP for a Georgia Condo HOA. Our Bylaws allow for me as VP to call a Special Meeting w 2 Day notice. The president scheduled the meeting and then the president quickly cancelled the meeting stating that the majority of members decided they didn’t want to... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 2, 2021

You need to check if the bylaws refer to other sources such as Roberts Rules (and which edition).

The power of the President will be spelled out in the charter or bylaws, You need to read both. If all are bound and determined not to, I respectfully suggest that forcing them to have a...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Construction Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: If a construction company had a bucket above barrels in my lane an the bucket hit my mirror who's at fault

The officer's report said I misjudged distance but a vehicle was next to me an was as close over as I could get I never hit the barrel's so what's to misjudge the lane should have been closed if to narrow to pass

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 6, 2021

A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. It could be a situation where fault is seen by a court on both sides. A Georgia attorney might be able to offer deeper insight in terms of the construction site and its practices in stacking barrels and buckets in that... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, DUI / DWI, Gov & Administrative Law and Sexual Harassment for Georgia on
Q: I was completely hammered drunk, speeding 92 mph going home at 2am. I flew by a police officer and I voluntarily pulled

I was completely hammered drunk, speeding 92 mph going home at 2am. I flew by a police officer. I am a 34 year old woman.

He saw empty beer cans, asked to perform an FST. Toe to heel.

Tells me I failed.

Asked me where I lived.

"1 mile away."

Told... Read more »

Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin
answered on Mar 31, 2021

Your drunk driving and speeding are not legal. However, there is no law requiring an officer to arrest you.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Child Custody for Georgia on
Q: can someone who has had their parental rights terminated, gain their rights back in the state of georgia?

Georgia? the mom was relatively young, her husband left, she dropped the ball. The child ended up with a really bad ear infection. The moms older sister petitioned the courts for custody of said child. Took the mom as well as the husband(whom was on the aunts side) and they had the mom sign her... Read more »

V. Joy Edwards
V. Joy Edwards
answered on Jan 4, 2021

It depends. Were her rights terminated or did her sister just get custody? We are happy to schedule a consultation to discuss the situation further. The consultations last about an hour and cost $100. 770-723-7211.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Gov & Administrative Law and Tax Law for Georgia on
Q: The December 2020 stimulus checks, Will the state of Georgia garnish those relief funds due to child support arrears?

If those funds are intended for the relief of the financial burdens of the American populus, incurred due to COVID-19. If the state plans to cannibalize those funds, How is this "help" going to due anymore than the last so called "help" for those who we're struggling Pre-COVID?

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards
answered on Dec 29, 2020

Yes, the state will take the funds and give them to the custodial parent for child support arrears. The state isn't cannibalizing the funds. The money is owed for child support that should have been paid previously, so that is where the money is going - to help the child.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: If an individual has been in jail for 90 days and hasn't been indicted or granted bond,the judge is in violation of wha?
Jermario L Davis
Jermario L Davis
answered on Oct 26, 2020

The statute that you are referring to is o.c.g.a. 17-7-50....if true, the judge would be required to set a reasonable bond upon petition by the Defendant. There are exceptions if the state intends to seek the death penalty. Specifically, the state can seek additional time (90 more days) to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Probate, Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: Probation revocation and Ga covid laws

Does it state in the Ga law in regards to the new covid laws that someone who is still incarcerated almost 6 months now should be let out into the community pending there finally revocation hearing.. And we have been told that ga laws are on suspension but does the law not state the longest... Read more »

Jammie Taire
Jammie Taire
answered on Jul 17, 2020

This is not a probate question. It should be posted in the criminal law section.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.