Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Child Custody Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Kansas on
Q: Abduction children

I m fron Italy.

I think I will be in Kansas City in 10 días because my ex wife escaped with 2 of my children of 5 and 9 years Old.

She doesn t tell me where are and she hasn t a legal permission.

I need to go to police to do a complain that I just did in embassy of italy... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Kansas on
Q: Can a custody case be filed in a county no party lives in?

I lived in a different county when this case was filed, father was incarcerated in another county, and grandmother lives two hours away and somehow we are fighting a custody battle in Johnson County. I need to know if this is even legal based on jurisdiction laws.

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Kansas on
Q: If my 13 year old child is in mental hospital does child support end? Even if she is coming home after?

went in on about Sept 21...for acute...went to residential on the 28th? may be there for another month. Dad said two weeks of her gone wanted the court to halt child support...she will be returning home and the child support does help pay the bills in our home. I am just trying to prepare for what... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and International Law for Kansas on
Q: I married a British woman while she was living in the US. We got pregnant and decided to have the child in England since

It was free. Since then we have split. While visiting she refused to allow my child to go to the embassy to get a USA social security number. She refuses to come back to the US for a divorce because she doesn’t want to go through a custody hearing. What can I do to get joint custody and get... Read more »

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Feb 10, 2022

You can probably sue her in the U. K.

Filing suit here would require you to have personal service of process on the spouse, which is not impossible, but tricky.

BTW, the child probably is a dual citizen, and that is a prileged status. He should not only a British but also an...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Kansas on
Q: Per the parenting plan we alternate years. But my ex claimed my daughter on her taxes and I have no form 8332. Options?

My ex and I are supposed to alternate years claiming our daughter on taxes. This is the second time she has beaten me to filing and claimed her anyways. I understand the IRS won't make her fix her taxes without a signed form 8332. I don't have this. What are my options?

Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
answered on Feb 8, 2018

Your only option is to take her back to court to enforce your divorce agreement.

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Kansas on
Q: My daughter's mother has not paid child support in 10 months.

Over the last 3 years, I may have seen $500 dollars from her. (She is supposed to pay $208 a month) She won't keep a job, and I'm not sure what we can do legally.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.