Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Foreclosure Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Louisiana on
Q: What is the law on renewed judgements? I had a judgement renewed after the 10 years was over. See more.

In 2012 I fell behind on mobile home loan and was told if not caught up It would be repossessed. I immediately caught it up but they said judgement would stay for the remaining loan term and i didnt need to go in every 3 years like before when loan matured. It was financed for 12 years only the... View More

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on Feb 22, 2023

You have a lot of information and most people who want to provide you an informed answer would like to see a copy of the original judgment and when it was recorded as well as a copy of the "renewed" judgment and when it was recorded to see if the process for revival of a judgment was done... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Louisiana on
Q: If 3 people inherit to the home and taxes weren't paid can one person pay the taxes and get the house?

It already went to a tax sale but we have 3 years to claim the home and pay the taxes and penalties.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 25, 2023

It depends on the specific laws and regulations in your jurisdiction. In some cases, if one person pays the taxes and penalties owed, they may be able to claim ownership of the property. However, in other cases, all owners may need to agree to any changes in ownership or to the payment of taxes and... View More

3 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Foreclosure and Bankruptcy for Louisiana on
Q: My home is in foreclosure and up for sheriff sale soon. My ex and I recently divorced with no property settlement and

He lives in the home. We are both listed on the deed to the home but I am on the mortgage alone. If he files chapter 13 bankruptcy and includes the home, would this stop the upcoming sale and foreclosure? If Ch. 13 temporarily stops the sale, what are the steps he should then take to keep the... View More

W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
answered on Aug 19, 2022

When a Ch. 13 case is filed, there is both an immediate automatic stay prohibiting creditors to proceed against the debtor and/or his assets, and importantly, there is also an automatic "co-debtor stay" to prohibit creditor actions against other non-bankrupts who are jointly liable with... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Louisiana on
Q: I need a attorney to help me with this mortgage company, who has harassed me and my family from March 2020 - March 2021.

They evicted us during the cares act protection. They forced us to move in a home with no roof and no heat with four children 4 year old boy with ADHD and a hearing problem, 7 year old girl who was distraught and cried, a 14-year-old who also had a very rough time with this and a 17 year old who... View More

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 17, 2021

Your only chance of saving your property is if you retain an experienced LA mortgage foreclosure defense and bankruptcy attorney. Unfortunately, there is no basis to file a lawsuit against the mortgage company based on your stated facts. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE! YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Family Law, Foreclosure and Personal Injury for Louisiana on
Q: Why The United State of fifth Circuit court of Appeals case#18-9296 in The United States District court for the Eastern

District of Louisiana is a federal trial court based in New Orleans Chief  Nannette Jolivette Brown appeals to fifth circuit U. S. Attorney Peter G. stressed Approved Granting motions case #18-9296 sect. S Mag 4 filed by Pro Se representatives And plaintiffs Isaac Williams Jr. And Wife Trina... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 21, 2019

Is there a question in there?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Family Law and Foreclosure for Louisiana on
Q: My mom died when I was young and my uncle is trying to sell the house I used to live in? Is that legal and isit my house

I used to live with my mom (parents never married) and my mom died when I was 10. The house I used to live in was just me and my mom and I think my late grandfather MAY have been Co owner. I moved in with my dad till the age of 18. My uncle (grandfather's 1st wife's son), moved into the... View More

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Dec 6, 2018

Call or go to the mortgage and conveyance office for the parish in which the house was located and find out who does own it. If your Mom or grandfather was an owner, then you need to hire a succession attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law, Foreclosure and Legal Malpractice for Louisiana on
Q: Can a lawyer file a mortgage modification with missing documents to obtain a executor process to seiz property

I was fighting citi mortgage for over 5 years with a dispute in my modification sign contract, the contract states in full detail that I had a full year before their could Do any changes to my sign contact . Before a month was up they raise it, I refuse to pay it, and they foreclosed and we went to... View More

Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
answered on Jun 8, 2018

If the bank is attempting to foreclose on your house, you need to get an attorney as soon as possible. Let the lawyer know that what the bank has filed is not a complete copy of the agreement, and they will address that issue for you. if you can't afford an attorney, contact your local Legal... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Bankruptcy for Louisiana on
Q: what are the laws on fileing bankrupcy after foreclosure pprocedures have started
Robert Martin Louque Jr
Robert Martin Louque Jr
answered on Aug 19, 2016

You must file your bankruptcy before the sheriff's sale if you are trying to save your home. Louisiana does not really have a right of redemption once the house is sold at sheriff's sale (it exists but only if the bank is the purchaser and there are some unusual additional... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.