Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Contracts Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: Agreed to buy a car as is with a good carfax report and within a week found out it needs a new engine. Have not registe

Registered it and it is sitting on their service lot. Can I back out?

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If two LLC's merge, can the resulting business continue to use both EIN's from them?

One of the LLC's has been operating longer and has better access to lower loan rates, insurance rates etc. However, the newer business is the one under which business operations shall continue. The purpose of the merger is to absorb the older credit history into the younger business to get... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Small Claims for Oklahoma on
Q: I paid in full for a mobile home by a individual as well as we done a Warranty Contract for Deed she’s trying to evict m

Me claiming I owe her rent but I have my receipts plus the contract for deed and the title she gave me without signing and I paid the taxes and went to get the trailer put in my name and she ordered a new title how can I counter sue for false claim?

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Employment Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I was fired without notice 3 days before I was due to get my paycheck with the raise I was promised 6 months earlier.

What are my right? I was paid 1\3 of my normal salary, before the raise I was promised.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: Can a storage facility keep your stuff if you paid your storage early before they terminated your lease?

My lease was terminated after I caught 2 people trying to burglarize my storage. When I questioned them, they got belligerent causing an argument. They then drove off. I tried following their car on foot to get their license but did not see it. When I complained to the manager, she writ me a... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Business Law and International Law for Oklahoma on
Q: is there is any treaties or agreement in Enforcment of civil judgment between country of Jordan and state of Oklahoma.

default civil judgment final (partnership dispute) was taken default judgment and final judgment they are trying to enforce it in the country of the Hashimi kingdom of Jordan, it states level in Oklahoma only not a ferdral case. its ciil .. is there is any law will allow that. and dos state... Read more »

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Dec 10, 2022

You asked a question right up my alley!

The U. S. has no recognition of JUDGMENTS conventions with any other country, not even our next door neighbors Canada and Mexico. States of the U. S. do not get engaged in

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Tax Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Have claimed winnings and I have to reclaim and if I want and get the information to transfer my to the bank account and
Carli Jo Aelker
Carli Jo Aelker
answered on Nov 1, 2022

Hi! You might be able to get a clear answer if you reword your question. The way it is laid out is a little confusing to understand.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Collections for Oklahoma on
Q: Judgment approved on 6/9/17. Garnishment affidavit filed 4/22/22. Garnishment approved 6/14/22. 5 year SOL has passed.

If SOL expired before wage garnishment was issued is it legal to take my money?

Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman
answered on Sep 28, 2022

The statute of limitation to collect on a judgment is much longer than 5 years. The 5 year SOL applies to bringing the lawsuit. You have no statute of limitation defense.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law and International Law for Oklahoma on
Q: exact rolls of what makes limited Partership agreement valued in state of Ok. can final judgment be inforce in jordan

defult judgment was taken civile partnership agreement. final judgment was taken as defulat jusdment with out my knoldge. now they are tryig to enforce the civil judgment in the country of jordn since i resid i jordan over seing the project.

os thier is an agreement of both vout state of... Read more »

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Sep 23, 2022

I cannot answer your question about the basis for the default because I can't examine the court file. Default judgments are taken without the knowledge of the defendant (you), hence the term.

There is no treaty between the U. S. and the Kingdom of Jordan for the recognition of...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Estate Planning, Family Law and Elder Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can a 85 year old diagnosed with dementia revoke power of attorney or transfer it?

Oklahoma Durable Power of attorney question:

My grandmother has dementia but is compentent most of the time, she knows what is going on around her, the date, what ever is currently on the news ect..

My grandmother wants to revoke or transfer durable power of attorney from a family... Read more »

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
answered on Jul 20, 2022

A dementia diagnosis alone is not determinative. The dementia could be mild or it could be moderate or severe. If mild, probably the individual has the legal capacity to revoke a POA and grant a new one to someone else. If severe, probably not.

To create a new one, see an estate...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: If I loan someone money to buy a piece of property and I have a notarized contract stating that if the borrower falls 2

Months behind on payments I the loaner will take possession of the property then he falls behind do I need to fill out a form to take possession of the property or will the contract stand for itself

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Jun 20, 2022

You will need to take a breach of contract action.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Family Law, Workers' Compensation and Antitrust for Oklahoma on
Q: what is my fiancé started lying about every of my rights and progress both emotionally
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Jun 13, 2022

There doesnt seem to be a question.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Collections for Oklahoma on
Q: Do I need an attorney to do a writ of assistance to obtain personal property and money over 10,000.00?
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Feb 22, 2022

Oklahoma allows pro se representation so no you do not have to use a lawyer. However I would advise you to use one because there are a lot of things that can get missed if you are not familiar with the process.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Consumer Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If person buying a car gives you a small amount to hold the car, then doesn't pay the full price did u legally sell it

okay guy wanted to buy an old pickup we had, we agreed to a purchase and he gave me $100 to hold it while he got the money. Instead he came back and just took the truck. I still have the title he did no paperwork. The police said that he didn't steal the car I sold it to him for $100. That... Read more »

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta PRO label
answered on Dec 23, 2021

It appears you have a few issues that must be addressed. One is whether a crime was committed - which if so the police could enter the vehicle as stolen in the national database. Another is whether you had a valid contract with the purchaser. Third, is whether an actual sale of the vehicle... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: In oklahoma, if you have a contract with another person but only one person signs the paper, is it still legal?
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Nov 11, 2021

Contract is formed when two parties have a mutual agreement and consideration. This is why oral contracts are technically still a valid contract. However, since you have attempted to formalize it with a document, this leads the courts to believe that an agreement is made when both parties have... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How can I get 7/11 or the suspect(s) to be held liable for damages to my vehicle and PTSD?

My car was caught in the crossfire of a shooting that occurred at a 7/11 a month ago. My car suffered damage, and I was indeed in my vehicle the time of the shooting. Luckily, I did not have any physical injuries. I am needing direction on how and who to hold responsible for my damages.

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta PRO label
answered on Nov 8, 2021

For restitution for the damages to your vehicle, contact the DA's office prosecuting the individuals who were shooting. If you don't know if charges have been filed, you can contact the police department to inquire. The DA's office will generally have you fill out and submit a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Employment Law and Government Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: Long term sub in process of provisional sped cert, signed 3 year contract. Can I get out of it? Never received copy.

I still need 18 credit hours or M.Ed sped. I am being paid as a long term sub in moore public schools and they say they will back pay me once certified.. I am in the ok st dept sped bootcamp. I was offered a different state job with benefits that I really need and if I wait for my provisional... Read more »

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Sep 16, 2021

Depending on your contract. There may potentially be a clause releasing either party from the agreement. However, like wise there may be a financial obligation/penalty to execute that clause.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: Can someone from out of state put a lien on our property for money he invested with no contract?

Had a guy that wanted to help us start our small business and invested some money but refused a contract. The business didn't play out the way he wanted after 7 months and wants all his money back. We hadn't made anything so se sold the assets he bought and sent him the money but is now... Read more »

Anna L Self
Anna L Self
answered on Aug 31, 2021

Usually, someone has to have a judgment to place a lien on your property when there is a dispute over money. In order to obtain a money judgment he would need to file a lawsuit and serve you with it. You would have the right to defend the suit and the Judge would determine if you owe him money or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: Hello! I run a small business in OK teaching out of a home and am needing to let an employee go. I need help legally!

If the employee signed an at-will agreement, does that mean I can let them go without explanation? The reason is bc they are causing dissent among staff but there is no real way to prove it. I cannot say they are lying without proof but we know they are due to other facts. Can we fire them for... Read more »

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Aug 29, 2021

Regardless of good cause or not, you can still be sued. That doesn’t mean the other person will win but you still have to defend it. As far as Oklahoma is concerned we are an at-will state meaning you can terminate an employee at will, so long as it does not fall under the discrimination... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: do i need to give advanced notice to landlord if i a specified end lease date?

i have paid all rent and fees up until end lease date and they want to automatically renew

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Aug 10, 2021

Depending on your contract, there are usually clauses that automatically convert it into a monthly term contract. Additionally, they often all require a notice to be given to avoid that extension. While your specifics may differ, you need to contact a lawyer to review your contract more in... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.