Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Social Security Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Civil Litigation and Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: I need an attorney that will fight against a defendant on Soc Sec Dis. who took money, and property from 74 yr. woman

This guy knew he was judgement proof and wouldn't have to pay the woman because he is SSDI. So no use taking him to Small Claims. He'll never have to pay. He has had two other S.C. Court judgements against him unpaid

for 15+ years. My case against him is 100%. If I file this... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: Hi , my daughter has been sick since she was 12 years old ,she was 44 at her death, she has a rare form of MS,

She has been on SSI since she was 19 ,she never worked, she has a 14 yr old son , I was told he would not qualify for survivor benefits cause she never worked , is this tru

Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn answered on Apr 7, 2022

Typically a child is not eligible for benefits unless the deceased parent worked and was eligible for benefits on their own work record. If your daughter was on SSI then her child would not be eligible for benefits on her record. The child may be eligible for benefits on their father's record... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: I am 18 years old and I want to change my last name to my birth dad's last name he died when I was seven what do I do

My grandpa who was his dad said I could and if need to we could do a DNA test with me and him but it's a complicated situation because my dad died when I was seven and I have no records of him except pictures when I was little and he signed in as my dad when I was born but never put on my... Read more »

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore answered on Aug 18, 2021

I do not practice in Oklahoma, but your question appeared in my email today. Most attorneys will talk to you for free to see if they can help you. I recommend doing a google search for "oklahoma name change attorney". This will give you the contact info for several attorneys that... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: After being incarcerated for 4 years, I'm being told I must begin all over again to get my SSDI benefits, is this true?
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn answered on Aug 2, 2021

Yes. You will need to file a new application for benefits. Benefits are ceased after 12 months of incarceration. If your minor children were receiving benefits because of your disability those likely continued while you were gone.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: Will my wife have to repay her disability insurance?

When working, my wife took out disability insurance. A few years later she had a cyst on her spine removed and was unable to return to work. She has submitted a social security disability request 2 years ago. She finally had her review with a judge. If she receives back pay, will she be required to... Read more »

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore answered on Feb 22, 2021

Sometimes you do have to pay some or all of your ssa disability payments to an insurer based on your agreement with the insurer. The HR person at your wife's work may be able to point you to the relevant language in the agreement.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it required for an individual to work the full five years just prior to retirement?

My mom, who lives in Oklahoma, is turning 62 this year and would like to retire a little while after her birthday. However, she is concerned because she heard somewhere that a person is required to have been employed for the entire five years immediately preceding their desired retirement date. Is... Read more »

Steve Perrigo
Steve Perrigo answered on Apr 25, 2020

That is not true. What might be confusing her is the general rule that an individual seeking Social Security Disability benefits needs to have worked 5 of the 10 years before their disability onset date. There is no such rule for SS Retirement benefits. You just have to have worked the equivalent... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: My ssi case went through determination and a decesion was made and now its in the review process, what does that mean..
Samuel Wade Packard
Samuel Wade Packard answered on Jan 22, 2019

I'll need a little more details to know for sure what the status of your case is. However, I can say that usually once a decision is made on your case, it is sent back to the SSA field office and they issue the decision letters in the mail. They typically won't give you the answer over... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Public Benefits, Social Security and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it right for anyone take video or pictures of me and family ? And make funny things of me in snapchat.Thanks

Sometimes i see people talking pictures of me while am studying in the library or while am walking somewhere in public

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean answered on Nov 17, 2017

It's OK to take your picture in public, and post it, as long as they didn't libel you.

Please visit my website and Subscribe for updates on Oklahoma Law.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Social Security for Oklahoma on
Q: Is there any kind of question a judge or lawyer can ask you

SSA hearing

Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II answered on Mar 24, 2017

The questions must be relevant and related to what the court must make as a finding. Some questions are designed to ensure that there is no fraud, and also to make a record in the event there is a denial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.