Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Personal Injury legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wyoming Personal Injury Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Constitutional Law and Medical Malpractice for Wyoming on
Q: What is the statute of limitations on cruel amd unusual punishment?

Was denied medical care for 3 months after negligence of protocol in county jail the np said I just had cankles the guards called me gimpy and my cell was on the 2nd teir so I had to walk up and down stairs 3 times a day to eat and take meds this seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 30, 2024

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. That sounds like a very difficult and painful situation.

The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment." This applies to conditions of confinement in jails and prisons. Denying necessary medical...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Wyoming on
Q: I am being asked to drive a total of 780 miles (to the destination and back), am I entitled to compensation for that?

I have to drive 390 miles for an IME and have had a statement from my workplace that they would compensate me only 18 cents per mile, which doesn't cover anywhere near enough for gas and vehicle maintenence. I would also be losing two days of work for the IME and was informed to just get them... View More

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on Oct 5, 2022

If you have an attorney, then speak to your attorney about this. If you do not have an attorney, then now is the time to get one to help you obtain fair treatment.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Wyoming on
Q: Just wondering if I have a case dealing with medical negligence.

I spent 7 months at an inpatient treatment, July 2021 - February 2022(addiction). I had a stroke in 2017 and end of September, early October, my toes on the left side, which is the side effected by the stroke, my toes started curling under, I was walking on them, and it was very painful. I was... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 8, 2022

A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry this happened to you. An attorney would probably want to review the file and records of communications to offer meaningful input here. You could reach out to Wyoming attorneys to see if it is possible... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Wyoming on
Q: Is there a compelling self-publication of defamation in the State of Wyoming?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 22, 2019

I'm sorry your question hasn't been picked up in four weeks. Try reposting in the Libel & Slander section. That's where defamation would fall under, and where the question would hopefully have a better chance of being seen by a Wyoming attorney who practices in that area. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Criminal Law for Wyoming on
Q: I live in Wyoming can I shoot someone who is breaking into my car

Like would shooting them in the leg fly or would I have to wait to see if they come at me before I can shoot them

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on May 1, 2017

You can't shoot them (I'm assuming you are not in your car). If you did you need to ask that this be taken down by the website, avoid any questions on social media, and contact an attorney at once.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Consumer Law for Wyoming on
Q: The Company my wife works for gave out her personal info and bank info to a scam person, what can she do about it?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 26, 2017

Take all reasonable steps to protect your identity and accounts. If they were defrauded it may or may not be carelessness on their account. You'll have to speak with a member of the Wyo. trial lawyers Assn who handles employment law, juggle the possibility you can get something vs staying on... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Wyoming on
Q: Injured neck working for Wyoming school district was let go since I cannot return yet what are my options
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 19, 2015

Talk to worker's comp lawyer about your on-the-job injury. You can check with an employment lawyer about whether your termination was wrongful. Be well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.