Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Social Security Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Georgia on
Q: my wife has had copd for 2 years she didn't qualify for ssid because she did'nt work enough. medicaid turned her down

because she hasn't been deemed disabled. i don't know what to do next .

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 20, 2016

She should contact George Legal Aid to see about the Medical Assistance. Rules were changed to expand it. She should apply for SSI if she hasn't already.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Georgia on
Q: When getting ssdi under a parent as adult child disabled under age 22 what would be the amount of benefits ?

How would I calculate the amount?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 7, 2016

The Social Security office can tell you. It depends on the insured person's wages.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Georgia on
Q: birth name change, born in Ohio in 1944, have used my present name for over 35 years. my social security name is in the

name I which to keep legally. I need my social security card to match. thank you.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 24, 2016

It is a long and frustrating process, but keep at it--you need to have it set up to make sure a) your "account" has credited the years you worked and b) that you get the proper retirement amount. If you run into true roadblocks (not just a lot of legwork--that is your job, not theirs),... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.