Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Internet Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am being blackmailed with a video of sexual nature taken of me at 16.

I have proof of him threatening me directly and through another person. He has harassed me on and off since I dated him a year ago. He harassed me and other girl last night and is not threatening to post said video as a way to keep me quiet about his harassment last night.

Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on Aug 4, 2021

Contact an attorney as well as file a police report regarding the harassment and threats, and consider potentially filing a VPO. There are specific statutes regarding this type of crime and it should be taken seriously.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Internet Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I had bought land from my father but never got a deed. He passed no will 12/20. He is the title owner alone. What to do?

Father no will. I have been living on property for 10 yrs. No child with stepmother, 3 children from marriage to our mother. My dads new wife let us kids come to the farm for 3 HR. & get personal items she had set out for us. My sister had charge over his medical decisions & funeral if he... Read more »

James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr answered on Feb 17, 2021

If a probate has not been commenced, you should initiate probate proceedings in the County where your father lived. If one has already been initiated, you should hire an attorney to protect your rights. You must have a probate for good title to be passed on Oklahoma real estate. In the probate,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in International Law, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: The dept of homeland security took my computer from work and my phone more than two weeks ago.

The agent stopped returning my calls a week ago

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on Feb 23, 2018

This isn't International law. You very likely need an Oklahoma lawyer now. I'm guessing that you need a lawyer with experience in Criminal Defense. And, you need to shut up and stop posting on the Internet until you get one.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My underage/minor son paid money on an Adult only internet site. Is the site required to payback the money to us?
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson answered on Oct 26, 2013

Ordinarily, a contract with a minor can be voided, but there are exceptions. It is difficult to be more specific without more information. You should consult with an attorney who, with more information, can better explain your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.