Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Communications Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kentucky Communications Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Constitutional Law for Kentucky on
Q: If you read in the paper you was indicted but never served and the incident happened over 2 years prior to the indictmen


James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 19, 2024

If you read in the paper that you were indicted but never served, and the incident occurred over two years ago, you should take immediate action. Begin by checking the accuracy of the indictment notice. Contact the court or legal authority mentioned to confirm if the indictment is valid and to... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Kentucky on
Q: Are programs allowed to record your voice without consent? How would I go about pursuing legal action?

Hello, I wanted to inquire about something if you have the time. (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question) Yesterday my friend and I were playing a game, and we noticed something concerning. The game seems to be always taking voice input from the player, even if you were to... View More

Eddie Burnett
Eddie Burnett
answered on Apr 6, 2024

Check the software/company's terms of service or privacy policy to see if they disclose anything about recording voice data and check your state/country's laws on recording to be sure you have a solid claim.

2 Answers | Asked in Communications Law, Constitutional Law, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: Hey I’m one of the victims from this case is there anyway that I can see this case , how can I go about getting it open

I want to get this case published as me being one of the victims , I’m trying to see how I go about this situation .

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Dec 11, 2023

What case are you trying to see?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Constitutional Law for Kentucky on
Q: Need legal representation reputation against a sober living / Transit home in Kentucky

The sober living / Transit home is recovery Plus for women Madisonville, KY

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 21, 2023

Check with your local bar association or legal aid society.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Personal Injury, Communications Law and Juvenile Law for Kentucky on
Q: My daughters school counselor came to my work asking questions that I think were inappropriate and not school related.

The questions were rumor based, they had nothing to do with school. My daughter is 14 yrs old. Is there any legal I can or should take against this?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 1, 2023

There’s probably no legal action to be had but you might want to discuss this matter with the counselors school superiors.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Communications Law and Contracts for Kentucky on
Q: employee/contractor will not return company property (computers, monitors) what can i do to get them back?

contractor said that they need to erase there personal stuff of the computer, also that they added upgrades to the equipment on there own dime without asking. so looks like they have been using it as a personal computer too.

if its company property does that mean whatever is on the... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Feb 22, 2023

Take a criminal complaint for theft against him.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Communications Law for Kentucky on
Q: My kid father is very violent and I've been recording him and I tell him I'm recording him. He has been threatening me

and destroyed property. He is trying to take my full custody away because he's from a small town and has had sexual intimacy with the local judge. I live in Kentucky. He says I'm doing it illegally?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Sep 15, 2022

Nothing illegal about it. Only one party need give consent to recording in Kentucky. If the judge you referenced is sitting on your case, ask for a new judge.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Kentucky on
Q: I live in a apartment have rented this apartment for over a year. Today I was walking I took short cut and walked across

The neighboring apartment building the one directly beside mine. As I was doing so a couple of the people over there came out cussing me trying to fight me saying I was trespassing. I kept walking saying i was sorry I didn’t know and didn’t mean to upset anyone, while they continued to... View More

Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert
answered on Dec 2, 2021

Technically it could be considered criminal trespass in the third degree if there are clear signs that this is private property or that you are in a housing development or section 8. If you were not charged by the police you likely don’t have anything to worry about.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Collections, Communications Law and Small Claims for Kentucky on
Q: Can a debt collector or original creditor still try to sue you if the loan was already cancelled as a part of a lawsuit?

I was contacted by a company on Monday 10/18/2021 called "Assurance Legal Proceedings" via phone stating that they are filing a claim against me in my county for attempt to defraud a loan company. They also said that they have contracted a location service to find me and serve me with... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Oct 21, 2021

Yes. You are being scammed.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Kentucky on
Q: A lady had been harassing 7 people by making memes on social media, however they got a search warrant and arrested her


Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Dec 17, 2019

No. That’s exactly what happens in a small corrupt town. Business as usual....

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law, Education Law and Libel & Slander for Kentucky on
Q: My college professors, record me in three weeks worth of classes without my knowledge, then put the students up to it.

The students in my class where harassing, by repeating everything I said previous classes. The professors record me and class without my knowledge and played them to my classmates, to get them to psychology miss with me, by repeating all the statements I made the classes were they Secretly video... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 24, 2019

What is your question?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Military Law for Kentucky on
Q: I was given a ticket for harassment on Fort Campbell, KY. It’s my first offense ever. What should I expect?

My husbands chain of command got mad that I let people know that they had done some illegal things so they claimed I told them I was going to kill my husband during a meeting with his Lt. I had two witnesses to prove I never said it. They waited a week to report it which just so happened to be the... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Sep 23, 2018

Hire a lawyer and with your evidence, you should be fine.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Communications Law and Internet Law for Kentucky on
Q: Have a friend who dated a woman online, found out she’s married with two kids. She’s in Connecticut, he’s in Kentucky.

Is it possible he could get in trouble for telling her husband that she was in multiple relationships online on a phone app? Could my friend go to jail for coming clean to the husband of hers?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Apr 29, 2018

No. The truth is a defense and the lesson is be careful who you associate with.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.