Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Communications Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Child Support, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Constitutional Law for Louisiana on
Q: What is the social security number use for and can it be use by anyone else for there's benefit?

Make a contract and make me fulfill is this law

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Oct 14, 2019

This is not a library. You can research these issues by googling

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Business Formation and Communications Law for Louisiana on
Q: Can a private citizen of Louisiana write and place a bill of legislation?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 2, 2019

As a general matter, bills are usually written by lawmakers. They can also come from other elected officials as well. But lawmakers should be attentive to the voices of their constituents, and many lawmakers welcome correspondence from citizens as to their ideas and thoughts. You could contact the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Communications Law for Louisiana on
Q: Accidently grabbed my uncle's mail out of our shared mailbox. Supposedly I tampered with his mail. I never opened it.

But he had asked me to leave his mail in the box the other month and ever since then I have except for the other day when I realized I grabbed it on accident, only realizing when I had already turned the van off (which was on e,by the way) and I had to get my sleeping kids in the house because it... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jun 15, 2018

No but maybe you want to get a post office box

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Communications Law for Louisiana on
Q: Is inappropriate language over the telephone a misdemeanor

Someone sent me a text message threatening me and using profane language. I used some profanity myself and they pressed charges on me. Is this a misdemeanor?

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on May 7, 2018

Consult a criminal attorney. It may be harassment.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Juvenile Law for Louisiana on
Q: What are the laws on moving out at 17?

I am 16, soon to be 17. My dad is an alcoholic and is only in town every 2 weeks. My mom is dating an abusive guy that sells drugs. I want to leave, but I don't know if I can.

Mr. James Zitzmann
Mr. James Zitzmann answered on Jan 29, 2018

Well, someone has custody of you until you are 18. This means there is a possibility you could be returned. To get around this you'd need to petition a court for emancipation.

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Communications Law and Legal Malpractice for Louisiana on
Q: tained a default judgement and my attorney whom I fired did not confer with me to give opposing counsel a extra day

I obtained a default judgement and my attorney whom I fired did not confer with me to give opposing counsel a extra day to answer. Me not knowing she gave such permission went on the record and obtained judgment. Opposing attorney is now filing for a vacate judgement so what are my legal grounds I... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 9, 2016

No, it's not malpractice to give what are normal professional courtesies. If your former counsel gave the extension, and the other side relied on it, and they filed the answer in time, I suggest you tell them you will agree to vacate the judgment and allow them to answer--a judge will do it... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.