Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Jersey Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Health Care Law for New Jersey on
Q: Respectfully I request help with a question about the problem I have with a conflict of interest with probation officer.

As pursuant to : 42 NJ Super 495, 503, 127 A.2d 190 (APP. DIV. 1956) An actual conflict of interest is not required, rather a potential for conflict is sufficient. A few years ago, before my officer was a probation officer was an officer of the courts, she was my Jewish Family Services social... Read more »

Mr. Kenneth Albert Vercammen Esq.
Mr. Kenneth Albert Vercammen Esq. answered on Feb 21, 2016

Unlikely courts will grant removal since probation officers also have access to court files. discuss with original attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for New Jersey on
Q: If a child is under a guardian s care and they re medical needs aren t met, can they do something about it?

I have a friend who is taken care of by her grandparents due to parent issues. She recently went to the hospital because of personal issues and all they talk to her about is how much of a bother her medical bills are. So now that she s sick and needs to go to a doctor because she s in pain, they... Read more »

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer answered on Oct 12, 2015

Report the situation to DCCP and consult with an experienced matrimonial attorney. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for New Jersey on
Q: Just found out my therapy sessions were taped without my consent

I have been going to psychological therapy for a couple of years. Suddenly, my therapist changes rooms. I found out from another client, she videotapes the sessions. I was not aware of this. What should I do? Thank you.

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer answered on Sep 16, 2015

NJ law only requires that one person know the recording is taking place, so you did not have to consent. If those recordings are misused, then it is a different story all together. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for New Jersey on
Q: Is it legal in new jersey to give shock treatments?
Jake Causing Santos
Jake Causing Santos answered on Jun 3, 2012

If you are referring to Electro-Convulsive Therapy, then the simple answer is yes. One of the providers of ECT treatment is located in NJ (Carrier Clinic in Belle Mead, NJ).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.