Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Carolina Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can international law enforcement set up a sting operation on a wire scam pick up?

I recently fell victim to an online dating/wire scam. I contacted my local authorities to file a police report and Western Union to file a fraud report. I have no legitimate address, phone number, or name to track the perpetrator. Is it possible for international law enforcement to set up a sting... Read more »

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Jun 7, 2017

You are asking the wrong people. This is a board for legal questions. You are asking a law enforcement question. Contact the police.

But, I will tell you that on-line scams are very interesting to the FBI. The problem is that the email locations are often untraceable and land someplace...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for North Carolina on
Q: Can I own a firearm or firearms if my spouse has been convicted of a felony, served time, and completed probation?

I am in North Carolina. I have a Concealed Carry Permit.

Will Blackton
Will Blackton
answered on May 22, 2017

If your firearm rights have never been revoked and you have obtained the appropriate permits for ownership, you may own a firearm. If you live with your husband and your firearm is in your home, car, or somewhere your husband has access, your husband is in constructive possession of that firearm... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Federal Crimes and Juvenile Law for North Carolina on
Q: I am a 17 year old girl who is dating a 20 year old man. I turn 18 in 6 months.

My mom and her boyfriend do not approve of us. We hang out and still see each other so my mom has said she is going to file charges against him and take us to court. I would like to know if we're doing anything wrong? Or if there is anything I need to know about laws to keep us from trouble?

Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson
answered on Sep 1, 2016

If you are disobeying your mother - then yes, you are doing something wrong. However, the more important question is is whether your boyfriend is doing anything legally wrong. Basically, the only thing your mother can legally do is keep you at home and prevent him from trespassing - maybe get a... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.