Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Tennessee Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: In Texas of 1992 at the tender age of 14, I was in a sexual relationship with a 20-year-old man.

In 1996 I later went on to marry him due to being pregnant with my parents consent. I also had to drop out of school. I was 17 by now.

In 2004 and 3 children, I finally got the courage to divorce him.

There is alot more to this monster.

However, before I go further, I just... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Apr 3, 2022

No, outside of possible child support.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: If somebody knows daughter get molested multiple times and hasn’t done anything what can victim’s mother be charged with

Her mother has known about the interactions and has done nothing she invites older men over She put drugs in her daughters mouth she takes naked pictures of her daughter and she hasn’t done anything about her daughter get molested

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills answered on Jun 3, 2021

The mother could be charged with multiple crimes. Reporting abuse can be anonymous and should be reported to the Tennessee Department of Children's Services immediately at 877-237-0004.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury, Sexual Harassment and Adoption for Tennessee on
Q: if I signed something while under the influence of something &also having a mental disability & didn't understand

i was lied to about everything from the beginning! first medical purposes only then I got a letter in the mail saying that I owed child support weeks and weeks later when the ones helping me with the child told me the reason they were offering me their help was because they could afford it and they... Read more »

Mr. James Charles Wright
Mr. James Charles Wright answered on Oct 29, 2020

The law presumes people understand and read what they signed. Otherwise it would be really hard to enforce contracts. All someone would have to say is "I didn't understand" or "I didn't read."

On the other hand if you have a mental disability that would...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: There is someone that hates because she can’t control me. She accused of being a pedafile. There has never been anything

Anything happen. The only I have ever done is give the child some gift or something for her birthday. Everything done in eye view. Never anything alone. She has spread rumors and accusations.

Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison answered on Aug 12, 2020

I recommend you immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. You may also want to consider consulting with an experienced defamation attorney, if there is no basis in fact for any of the allegations against you. Sexual crimes involving children have strict punishments and can... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: Attempted Sexual Harrassment

If A Parent Was Charged For Attempted Sexual Harrassment Towards Their Child, With The Childs Concent, Can The Parent Be Allowed Around That Child Once Of Age (Over 18)?

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on May 25, 2020

Yes but Incest is also a crime.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: what do i do if an ex boyfriend is stalking me and putting notes on my car? i dont know how he knows where i live.

he follows me on social media from a lot of different accounts, texts and calls from a lot of numbers because i have all his stuff blocked and now left a note on my car while i was in my apartment with my family. i have never told him where i lived and i don’t know how he knows my address... Read more »

Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison answered on May 18, 2020

You may want to consider taking out an order of protection against him. Orders of protection are an order from a Judge that a person will not contact or come about whoever is designated as being protected under the order. These laws are primarily designed to offer protection to victims of domestic... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: I’m experiencing sexual harrement at work and I recorded the man it was my only proof because he is a preacher

Will I be in trouble for recording him saying very inappropriate things

Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison answered on Mar 16, 2020

Is this for TX or TN? TN is a one party consent state so you can record a conversation even if he is unaware. You would need an attorney licensed in TX to answer that question regarding TX law. Also, you should consider consulting with an attorney regarding the sexual harassment you have been... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Libel & Slander and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: My boss is aware that a customer sexually harasses his staff & doesnt care. Can I post that on fb w/ his name w/out gett

ing sued?

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Dec 31, 2019

You should consult with an attorney who practices employment law in Tennessee prior to posting anything about your boss or his business on Facebook, even if you don't explicitly identify him or the company by name. Defamation laws are state-specific. An employment attorney will be able to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: my wife was raped by her brother when she was 12 he was 18 she is now 26 can we do anything she just told me about it.

he raped her she was asleep xxxx and threatened her before

Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin answered on Nov 28, 2018

Yes. Go to the police department.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: I have a court date on 9/24/18 for a restraining order from my acupuncturist. Will I need a lawyer for this?
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Sep 19, 2018

If it is actually an Order of Protection, then yes, you need a competent attorney immediately. But if it is only a TRO then the Court will want to ensure that you know never to go around the Plaintiff again. I would read the Complaint closely to see if anything else is demanded such as money... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: How to go about sexual harrasment at work, charges?
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq. answered on Jun 21, 2018

This area of the law is very difficult and highly specialized. I would consult with a local employment discrimination attorney. He or she will know whether and how to position the case with the EEOC, the Tennessee Human Rights Commission or the Court system.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: Child on child abuse question for state of Tennessee.

If DCS states that an incident that occurs with two kids under the age of 13 is not considered abuse, how do some kids get put on the sex offender registry? And some of them get sent to detention centers. Does it depend on the incident, I know rape and fondling are vastly different.

Don Himmelberg
Don Himmelberg answered on Mar 22, 2018

Yes, generally placing a juvenile on the sex offenders registry is incident-specific

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: What are the Tennessee Laws for child on child sexual abuse?

When I was around 9 or 10 I was helping a younger friend of mind get dressed and I was intrigued by their private area and I touched/fondled them, I’ve seen all these fondling allegations and sexual harassment cases and I’m afraid that I’ve done something severely wrong. Thanks for the help.

Marjorie A Bristol
Marjorie A Bristol answered on Jan 27, 2018

DCS doesn't consider it to be sex abuse unless the perpetrator is over the age of 12.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: How do i report a male sex offender that is having a relationshio with a 12 year old boy?

What evidence do i need and could investigation be confidential

Megan R. House
Megan R. House answered on Aug 25, 2016

You need to report it to the police immediately. You are not responsible for proving it, that is the police department's job. When you report it to the police, you may ask that your identify be kept confidential, and they may or may not do so. You could report it to the child abuse hotline,... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.