Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Carolina Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for South Carolina on
Q: What happen when a innocent person is harm by a dangerous human who set you up to be harm. be cause of the color of me;
Jeremy Rosenthal
Jeremy Rosenthal answered on Sep 29, 2020

If someone set you up and you have no criminal intent then you should be morally and legally blameless. You should consult with a criminal lawyer in your state to discuss further specifics.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for South Carolina on
Q: I'm in spartanburg county need attorney advise for slander on false police report
Jonathan Edmond Bennett Lewis
Jonathan Edmond Bennett Lewis answered on Jul 10, 2020

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

Slander is a civil matter in which someone defames you by verbal statement to others, knowing that the information that they have provided about you is wrong, with the intent to cause you harm.

A false police report is a...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Libel & Slander, Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for South Carolina on
Q: ZILLOW Inc is publishing false, erroneous and misleading info - and they refuse to correct it- what can be done??

Have documented responses from ZILLOW- they acknowledge deficiencies in their "systems" but refuse to take corrective action. WILDLY varying "Zestimates" in similar, side by side properties - and NO coherent response?? ZILLOW penalizes diligent homeowners who properly... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 24, 2017

I don't see it--it's an estimate. They can use whatever metrics they want. If you feel your property is worth more then the agent selling it for you can promote it appropriately. They aren't required to change just because you took advantage of the tax system to challenge the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury, Consumer Law and Contracts for South Carolina on
Q: I am a guest at a hotel and was attacked at the free continental breakfast by an employee of the hotel. What can I do?

I placed 2 packets of oatmeal in my purse to eat in my room. Was making a waffle and told I have to eat all food in the lobby. When I stated that I was allowed to eat it and my coffee in my room she threw away my waffle, and while I was at the front desk asking for a manager, the lady went in my... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 12, 2017

Is there a place you can go that doesn't cost as much? If so move and cancel the reservation & tell your credit card. I would contact a local attorney, Carl Jacobson in Charleston. Use my name--he'll give you a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.