Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Tennessee Public Benefits Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Tennessee on
Q: Can I get the evidence the d. A has against me before my hearing without a lawyer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Sep 26, 2019

You do not state what type of hearing you have. I seriously doubt you know how to ask for discovery, which is never everything anyway. Hire a competent attorney to represent you, as it looks like you are about to make an irreversible mistake. If you are at Sessions, then you usually do not... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Tennessee on
Q: I was just denied after my hearing should I keep fighting or start over
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 23, 2019

Consult your local Legal Services Legal Aid. Usually it's worth an appeal but I'm not seeing any details and it's best you get with legal services.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Public Benefits for Tennessee on
Q: If I found to not be the father after two years should I still have to pay arrears and pay back the state for tanf?

I already went to court and they said I am responsible for paying back child support and tanf that the mother received but DNA proved I am not the father

Leonard Robert Grefseng
Leonard Robert Grefseng answered on Dec 1, 2016

I would not agree to pay the arrears just because the child support attorney said you have to - only if the JUDGE said you have to. ( your question doesn't say exactly who it is that told you). Obviously, it seems very unfair for you to have to pay support for a child that is not yours, but if... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.