Tennessee Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers

Q: I have a court date on 9/24/18 for a restraining order from my acupuncturist. Will I need a lawyer for this?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Answered on Sep 19, 2018
Anthony Marvin Avery's answer
If it is actually an Order of Protection, then yes, you need a competent attorney immediately. But if it is only a TRO then the Court will want to ensure that you know never to go around the Plaintiff again. I would read the Complaint closely to see if anything else is demanded such as money damages. If uncertain hire an attorney to at least check it out prior to Court.

Q: How to go about sexual harrasment at work, charges?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Answered on Jun 21, 2018
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.'s answer
This area of the law is very difficult and highly specialized. I would consult with a local employment discrimination attorney. He or she will know whether and how to position the case with the EEOC, the Tennessee Human Rights Commission or the Court system.

Q: Child on child abuse question for state of Tennessee.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Answered on Mar 22, 2018
Don Himmelberg's answer
Yes, generally placing a juvenile on the sex offenders registry is incident-specific

Q: What are the Tennessee Laws for child on child sexual abuse?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Answered on Jan 27, 2018
Marjorie A Bristol's answer
DCS doesn't consider it to be sex abuse unless the perpetrator is over the age of 12.

Q: How do i report a male sex offender that is having a relationshio with a 12 year old boy?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Answered on Aug 25, 2016
Megan R. House's answer
You need to report it to the police immediately. You are not responsible for proving it, that is the police department's job. When you report it to the police, you may ask that your identify be kept confidential, and they may or may not do so. You could report it to the child abuse hotline, those calls are confidential. The investigation will not be kept confidential, the police will do what they need to to investigate the claims and they will determine how to go about it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.