Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Kentucky on
Q: Is there a statute of limitations for a sexual crime commited as a minor in the state of Kentucky?

Crime occured 15 years ago, victim just disclosed the abuse. Abuse includes fondling on 2 occasions no additional sexual attempts.

Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert answered on Nov 8, 2021

Felony charges do not have a statute of limitations in Kentucky.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Employment Law, Landlord - Tenant and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: I've been a guest at budgtel Inn for 4 months.they are kicking me out without giving me a reasonable amount time.

I was a housekeeper but I was being sexually harassed by someone and when brought to the owners attention I was wrongfully fired and now I'm being kicked out can they just do that

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Oct 23, 2021

You have two separate issues: 1) a possible sexual harassment case and 2) an eviction. Unless you have a lease on the space, they can ask you to leave anytime with reasonable notice.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: I was abused as a child I'm now an adult how do I access those records

This was from 1981how do I find out what happened?

Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert answered on Sep 3, 2021

Are you talking about Court records, police records or medical records? For Court records I will go to the county circuit court clerks office and they may be able to find the records or get you some case information.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: If my girlfriend has an open cps case against her parents can they give their parental rights to my grandmother?

She is 16, I am 17, and my grandma has already talked to the social worker and said that would work, but her parents just now decided they would go through with it and I dont know if they will hold onto that. So if they do then how long would it take before my girlfriend lives with my grandma? If... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on May 18, 2021


1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: I have a female supervisor that keeps flirting, touching, and making comments, I think she's being more than nice.

I'm male and in my ninth week at a new job in a warehouse and within the first week my female boss and i started talking about how we both use to work at the same company at different times and how working at this new company was a refreshing and relaxed change and while we were talking, she... Read more »

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Oct 14, 2020

You should first inform your supervisor that her behavior makes you uncomfortable and ask that she stop. If her behavior does not change, you should immediately follow your employer's policies regarding reporting sexual harassment. If your employer does not have a policy in place, then report... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: Can I report sexual harrasment against a 13yo boy for my 12yo daughter?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Oct 4, 2020

Yes. You can take a juvenile complaint against him if you believe it is serious enough.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Divorce for Kentucky on
Q: I know where he works but have to file myself and don't know what to file to get some relief. What do I file?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jul 24, 2020

You have to file a petition for dissolution of marriage and have it served on him by certified mail restricted delivery, sheriff or special bailiff. Once that is done, you will have full access to the court.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Identity Theft, Sexual Harassment and Small Claims for Kentucky on
Q: I have a few people upstairs and a person down the road that's harrassing me. I believe they stole passwords to somethin

I hear them all over my house. Non stop harrassing me. Threatening me

Taking photos of me. They stole my Facebook password and changed it on me

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jun 12, 2020

What is your question!!!

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Sexual Harassment and Juvenile Law for Kentucky on
Q: Can i press charges aginst my 15 1/2 year old for sexuall assult of my 9 year old daughter we live in ky

Her story has been constant and the sexual assult has accrued more than once and is so detaled from the 9 year old victim

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Sep 10, 2019

Yes. You need to take a juvenile petition against the 15 yo.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: don’t know where to turn

I am an assistant manager and have had ethics called on me because of a text message taken out of context and the sharing of a meme that someone found inappropriate. The accuser has turned in all proof that they have but the supervisor in charge of investigating the case is on vacation. I have not... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Aug 7, 2019

Lawyers are very intelligent and highly trained professionals--but we are not soothsayers; nor do we do crystal balls. Therefore, I am constrained by a fundamental law of the universe and unable to opine on your current dilemma. All I can do is advise you never to lie to any employer about... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: my boss seems to be treating me differently after i reported a coworker to hr for sexual comments

a coworker (female) and myself (male) went to hr about another coworker (male) for making sexual comments and asked us questions as well. after hr started an investigation the confidentality was leaked to other employees. hr said they solved both cases and until recently i found out that it was... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Aug 25, 2018


1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: Can you get in legal trouble for messaging someone on facebook?

Hello. I met a woman at a coffee shop, and found her on facebook. I remembered her name. I asked, very politely, if she would be willing to talk more. I also found her e-mail from facebook, and sent her an e-mail as a lot of people don't check their facebook messages. I intentionally worded it... Read more »

Brendan Joseph McLeod
Brendan Joseph McLeod answered on Mar 4, 2018

Of course. If I write "I am going to kill you," or "I am going to kill John Doe," this equates to terroristic threatening. Terroristic threatening can be delivered by anyone not the utterer. Another words someone else can read it and relay the message. It does not dilute the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: Two loss prevention men grabbed my mother and dragged her through a store. Are they allowed to do this?

She was also injured. No females were around her.. I was informed that one female and one male are supposed to approach a woman who they think is shoplifting, is this true? Also, do loss prevention people have to have badges when approaching someone?

Adam Michael Russell
Adam Michael Russell answered on Jun 29, 2017

The answer is more complicated than you may think. The key question is whether loss prevention had probable cause to believe that a person has shoplifted. They may then detain that person in reasonable manner for a reasonable amount of time to make a reasonable investigation. See Kentucky Revised... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: I am being sexually harrassed at work, i have went to managment and spoke with them and told them..nothing being done
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson answered on Oct 26, 2013

You can simply report the matter directly to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC is a federal agency charged with enforcing the federal law prohibiting sexual harassment. There may also be a state law and a state agency enforcing that law in Kentucky. If you don't... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.