Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Cory D. Raines
1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Georgia on
Q: What happens if you don't file a notice of incorporation when starting a nonprofit?
Cory D. Raines
Cory D. Raines answered on May 25, 2021

First and foremost, if you are planning on operating a non-profit organization or not-for profit corporation you must file the incorporation documents with the Georgia Secretary of State's Office or your the equivalent in you state. Additionally, you will need to file for the non-profit... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Georgia on
Q: If I was injured at Macy’s and my claim includes a loss of consortium, how long do I have to file suit?
Cory D. Raines
Cory D. Raines answered on May 19, 2021

I agree with attorney Horst and want to add that if the deadline is approaching you most likely need to hire an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that your claim(s) will not be barred by the statute of limitations pursuant to O.C.G.A. 9-3-33. Should you need anything further, feel free to... Read more »

View More Answers

5 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Georgia on
Q: My daughter was in an accident, 3 weeks ago, her lawyer is stating that medical costs being left open is not a thing.

My Daughter was in an accident in GA. She is currently dealing with 2 fractured discs in her back, a fractured elbow and blurry vision. Her lawyer is stating that there is a $130k pool for the 3 occupants and that medical being left open for future issues related to this " Is not a thing"... Read more »

Cory D. Raines
Cory D. Raines answered on May 13, 2021

Great question and I am sorry to hear about your daughter. However, her attorney is likely talking about the available insurance equals $130K to be shared by all those injured in the accident by the at fault driver. Should you all choose to settle then each person would receive proceeds from the... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.