Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Health Care Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Identity Theft, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice and Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: A doctor asked for my medical records. He said he’s teaching his class with my records. It that legal?

I’m the first case of Sickle Cell Anemia SS Arkansas. The doctors said I was signing for surgery. What are my legal rights?

0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can I file a lawsuit for my Covid vaccination not being documented by my local health unit? They weren’t doing their job

My Covid card was misplaced, so I went to the local health unit and they could not find any record of my vaccinations. I retraced my steps and came across my Covid card finally and now I am highly upset with the health unit. Between the time of lost and found, I was being advised to take an extra... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: There is a mentally troubled individual here. What can we do to have her admitted? No one will do anything

There is a lady here that is clearly loosing her mind. Shes lost it. But everyone knows shes crazy and wont do anything for her. Shes scared, aggressive, and shes dangerous to herself and others. What can I do to get her in a facility before someone gets hurt?

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: I'm looking for a law on providing informed consent to patients/parents to do medication study.

7 year old male struggling with asthma, new medication study being developed but has not been approved for children under age of 12. Looking for Arkansas law on informed consent regarding this.

This is for a school assignment, not a real case.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can a private practice doctor refuse me if I offer to pay out of pocket since they don’t accept my insurance?

I went to a dermatologist today with an appointment that was previously booked. Upon arrival I gave them my insurance card and they stated that they did not accept my insurance. I offered to pay out-of-pocket since I really need to be looked at and they flat out refused and said that they would get... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 4, 2022

An Arkansas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. Until you are able to arrange a consult with a local attorney to review the matter under state-specific insurance and health care regulations for Arkansas, the general rule nationwide is that doctors are free to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Social Security for Arkansas on
Q: Hello I recently was kicked out of my sisters I retrieved everything but clothes and personal files from health records

Other then health records there is legal government and social security documents I’m being denied to is there something I can do to get those back it’s been a month since I been kicked out

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 16, 2022

An Arkansas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your difficult situation. You could consult with a local attorney about options, but in these types of settings, there's no telling what happens to such records. Your first inexpensive... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can Medicare deny jaw surgery as treatment for a genetic disorder? Specifically ectodermal dysplasia?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 9, 2022

An Arkansas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for three weeks. Until you are able to consult with a local attorney, you could also check with your surgeon if they are able to offer narratives or notes supporting the medical necessity of the surgery. Good luck

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: If a power of attorney is only good for financials in my state what do I need for healthcare decisions?

I’m an only child and my mother is widowed/not remarried. She is a type 2 diabetic with chronic related health issues due to noncompliance with her meds and eating habits.

Theodore David Vicknair Sr.
Theodore David Vicknair Sr.
answered on Jul 18, 2021

A "Health-Care Power of Attorney" is what you need and it is specifically authorized in statute by most states. It should be HIPAA compliant, and cover any and all medical prodedures and contingencies.

A "Health Care Directive" or "Living Will" is a narrower...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Why doesn't evergreen packaging pay hazard pay?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 10, 2020

Your question remains open for four weeks and might have been overlooked in the Health Care Law category. You could repost in the Employment Law category - if an employment law attorney was able to pick up your question, they would have the most insight into this issue. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Does IVF coverage have to be offered via health insurance from an employer in Arkansas?
Jarred Kibbey
Jarred Kibbey
answered on Feb 11, 2020

Like most situations, there isn't a simple "yes" or "no" answer. The Arkansas infertility mandate requires that insurance plans in Arkansas cover IVF up to a set lifetime amount. However, many HMO and self-insured plans are exempt from this requirement.

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Im a school nurse being wrongfully accused & terminated. Would be better to get employment or nursing/health lawyer?

I am being wrongfully accused of something with little to no investigation into the event, the school is just believing what a parent is claiming and going off of that w/o my side of it. They consulted w/ their lawyer who determined that I was a liability so they are recommending termination.... Read more »

Greg Mansell
Greg Mansell
answered on Nov 6, 2019

It would be best to get an employment lawyer that has experience in administrative hearings, board appeals, and hearings before the nurses' board.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Hospital refuses to abide by court order. Police refuse to when I called to enforce. Patient a minor. What can I do?

It's a private psych. Hosp. That ex placed her in he's custodial parent that refuses me everything. Decree said "unfettered access to medical records. I called police and they made me leave.

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Nov 5, 2015

Your problem is that the hospital, since it is not a party to the divorce case, is not obligated to abide by the terms of the decree. Talk to an attorney about getting a subpoena issued requiring the hospital to disclose the records.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Arkansas on
Q: Do i have a malpractice case or negligence? My 52 year old mother with a history of high bp on march 19, ,2015 went to h

Er pcp het bp was 200/180 he said she was at stroke level increased her dosage and sent her home with letting her know the higher dosage could drop it to low my dad found her dead the next morning on the porch her death certificate says heart attack . Shouldnt her docter sent her straight to er for... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Aug 20, 2015

You need to go see a local medical malpractice attorney about this. That is the best thing you can do. The attorney will try to determine if there even is a case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.