Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Carolina Criminal Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: took police on a high speed chase for he had sus. DL and car had no ins but was legally reg. POLICE PLACED HOLD ON VEH.

Tow Co told me that my son had to satisfy court for release of veh. He went to 2 different counties and was in jail for 76 days and still co that put hold on veh would not come transport so the county that he was in released him after he went to court. Today the tow company tells us that they have... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: I got charged with giving my 20 year old girl friend alcohol. I am 25. Long story short, I didn’t give her any.

She got pulled over for speeding and I had a white claw. He gave us both breath tests and we both blew .01. She had a drink a couple hours earlier and had not drank mine. The cop said we lied to him and gave us a total of 6 citations and would not believe that I didn’t give her any.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: 2nd appearance 4 communicating threats.first offense I'm really sick can my lawyer appear 4 me and request a continuance

I'm in burgaw North Carolina not Charlotte North Carolina

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: This 19 year old, who I was once friends with, was arrested for assisting a 13 year old runaway, says charges dropped.

The man charged is currently in Englewood, Tennessee. I speculate he's on bond, but he claims he's not, and I'm really curious if he has a court date at all, everyone in my family says he does, but his say charges are all dropped.

He was responsible for assisting in the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Adoption for North Carolina on
Q: I found out my mother died years ago . I am trying to get all of her records from several states. What do i request?

My mother never held a known job and lived off of government and criminal means. She died in 2015 and my grandpa never informed me, i accidentally found out. I am trying to obtain EVERY possible record in any form in regards to my mom. She lived in New Orleans , LA. Texas, Pennsylvania, and North... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for North Carolina on
Q: How can i get a bail bonds to co sign and can he get his court soone

My friend got arrested for 2nd failure to appear he gots a type c bond and his court is until 2-7-22 he has a 18 month old baby that needs him

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: Is cursing in public against NC law

We hear swearing so much now days, it it illegal in NC?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for North Carolina on
Q: Can you be charged with first degree kidnapping if my wife asked me to take her to the store?

We got into an altercation on the way to the store, but I took her to the store that she requested

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for North Carolina on
Q: Someone tried to purchase my friend's home without his consent? how can he press charges and sue the people involved?

he lives in Ranlo North Carolina. he had to go to court for this today 1/19/2022

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Support and Juvenile Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can I be forced to continue financially and legally supporting my 18 year old if he's still in high school?

Long story short: He sexually abused my daughter, threatened to kill me over a misunderstanding, has been convicted (juvenile), is on probation in a sex-offender treatment facility for the last year and a half, and will turn 18 March 24th of this year. He already told me he will most likely... Read more »

Angela L. Haas
Angela L. Haas answered on Jan 20, 2022

If you think he will harm your daughter again if he returns, you CANNOT let him back in the home. You may need to contact Child Protective Services, and let them know the situation. Perhaps they can find a foster home for him. Financially, you and his father are still responsible for him. CPS may... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Small Claims for North Carolina on
Q: What states cooperate with NC in the court system in the expedition process?

The charges are in NC , bit moved to Maryland and have no way of getting back there

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: If a incarcerated person has completed their parole time and has not been released, what are the next steps?

What is needed for the person to be released

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: In 2013 and 2014 I was living with my parents I was an adult at the time but brainwashed. My mom stole 30k

All my wages were sent to her bank account without my consent. She used manipulative tactics to dissuade me from having access to those funds. She told me I had no options but to live with her or be on the streets. She took advantage of my ignorance to pay off her debts and facilitate her... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Probate and White Collar Crime for North Carolina on
Q: After being named Executor for the estate it's discovered that the (POA) took atleast 180,000 for personal use.

POA added her name to accounts making them joint accounts to have survivorship rights and to block Executor of estate from seeing what money was spent on. Used Zelle to move money out of joint accounts to pay credit cards and into personal accounts. Paid car note off then sold car and mothers car... Read more »

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Jan 11, 2022

This is a classic case of breach of fiduciary duty, conversion and probably other torts (and crimes). The case against the wrongdoer is an asset of the estate. As the executor, you have the authority to sue the wrongdoer on behalf of the estate for the return of the stolen funds. This is not a... Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: if someone received a felony in 1999 and as of today they are not on probation, they are dating someone who is currently

on a felony probation. Is that against the law in North Carolina?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can a 20 year old date a 16 year old? Can the 20 year old keep contacting our granddaughter?

Our daughter asked us to pick up our granddaughter and bring here home with us. The 20 year old keeps contacting her over the internet and has been told to not contact her again. My granddaughter is in 11th grade and is in college. College is where she met this 20 year old. What can we do about... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina on
Q: Officer searched locked glove box of car thats not registered to me and found a firearm.I was charged was that legal -NC

Originally stopped for tint but asked to step out of car. Officer said he smelled Marijuana so he searched. The glove box was locked, so he took the keys out of the ignition and went in the glove box. The car was not registered to MD

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.