Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Carolina Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for North Carolina on
Q: My husband put me out of our N.C. house 1 week ago. How can I get back into my house. No violence just wants me out.

I found out he can't put me out without a cause so I want to go back home. I have been homeless for a week. Hamlet NC, Richmond County. What can I do. I have very little money and only a part time job because he wanted me to help his driving business.

0 Answers | Asked in Probate for North Carolina on
Q: The former probate attorney I used, filed no personal proper inventory. The loss $30,00, more or less.

I need help in filing a grievance, and other matters.

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for North Carolina on
Q: I own 2 fully insured vehicles in NC. I accidently hit one in a parking mishap. why is my insurance is denying my claim?

Denial states that claims arising from ownership of both vehicles on the same policy that coverage is denied for repairs. Comp+Collision on both. Car was parked, unoccupied, while I was driving the other, a truck. My foot slipped off the brake pedal and crunched the car appx 45° angle on front... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Juvenile Law for North Carolina on
Q: My bf is 21 and I’m 16 my parents don’t know he’s 21 and we’ve slept together can he get in trouble?

I fully consented and there was no sexual activity prior to me being 16

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for North Carolina on
Q: How can I get a GAL for my adult son. I, his mother, am Legal Guardian of "the person" none named for "the estate".

Please do not tell me to contact an attorney, I understand your response is not substitute for legal advice. No attorney is wiling to help, I have tried. My son has a valid medical negligence case. Can I file the complaint, as his Legal Guardian of THE PERSON. No Guardian of THE ESTATE has been... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Health Care Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can a Dr's office be sued for child vax without both parents consent when there is a court order for joint legal custody

Doctor refused to vaccinate when my ex and I couldn't come to an agreement while both being present in the office, but then told dad if he brought our daughter back alone then they wouldn't need my consent. This seems so out of line to me.

0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander for North Carolina on
Q: I feel I have been slandered/libeled by an individual here after posting a flyer for a forum prior to an election.

His page is Media/news company but he's not really media. He has lied, called me by name and posted many false articles about me. His other page is satire/parody and he does the same thing on that one. I am not an official, just a citizen. He has ganged up on me with others on another page... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for North Carolina on
Q: Are there any potential negative consequences, risk of harm, or retributions from clerk/GAL for us if we file a motion?

A few days ago the NC court declared our adult child legally incompetent and appointed us, the parents, legal guardians. We have already obtained the guardianship letters. The presiding clerk ordered our adult child to reimburse the GAL (Guardian ad Litem) fees, and we were directed to make the... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for North Carolina on
Q: Can a landlord end lease 6mo early raise rent by 300 from switching owners bc they went under lost their certification?

Our landlord (the firm mhp) lost their certification of authority in May 23’ and had us sign new yr lease in July 23’ then terminated said lease Nov 30th 23’ and raising rent by 300$ telling tenants to either sign a new lease with the increase or find a new home. They closed the office... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for North Carolina on
Q: landlord terminate your lease and up your rent 300$ when their cert of auth was already revoked at time of sign new leas

We rent from the firm mhp and signed a new year lease July 23’ when their cert of authority was revoked May 23’ and they now terminated our lease nov 30th erasing all files/documents on their site and raising rent 300$ with no explanation. Closed office without notice giving bogus # to call no... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for North Carolina on
Q: Is it legal for insurance company to total your wrecked car, pay you a low price fix it theh sell it for more money

2000 Dodge Neon partially restored classic, regular title rushed to take settlement by insurance company

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for North Carolina on
Q: Our HOA & BoD managers allow the public to use our amenities. We don't have a "majority" of members who object.

We live in an exclusive, "private" community. Our HOA managers and board allow the public to use our amenities (private lake, trails, parking areas, etc.) for free. There is signage saying "private, residents only - towing enforced", but there is no patrol, badge-checkers or... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for North Carolina on
Q: We are trying to determine how to assess lot owners in our HOA.

Many own one residence but several undeveloped lots. Our covenant reads, "property and/or lot owners will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of said items on the basis of each lot owner (including lots owned by the developers) paying a proportionate share calculated on the number of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for North Carolina on
Q: So if The person recording everything about a day is the only person knows that they're recording it still legal

My wife wants me to record everything that happens at work if I'm not on call with her, is that still legal if I'm the only person who knows that they're recording is there and I'm the only person consenting to it but no one else knows is that even legal

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 5, 2023

In North Carolina, the legality of recording conversations hinges on the state's consent laws. North Carolina is a "one-party consent" state, which means that as long as you are a party to the conversation, you can legally record it without needing to get permission from the other... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Real Estate Law for North Carolina on
Q: what are my property rights after I file for seperation?

I purchased the house 3 years in 2008 before I married my wife. I recieved an inheritance and used the money to repair and pay off the house 2 years ago.

when I filed for seperation I left to visit family and friends around the country so she could find another place to live. She has since... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Construction Law and Contracts for North Carolina on
Q: Can I get out of a restoration contract without paying a penalty?

A broken pipe caused water damage throughout our first floor. The contractor we hired based on the mitigation company’s recommendation has demonstrated sub-standard work. We’ve noted all of our concerns and made the contractor aware of them, including the fact that the workers they hired are... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.