Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Family Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Washington on
Q: In legal terms, am I refusing to allow the other parent time with their child?

We cannot agree on a set schedule & parenting plan together. We cannot communicate what so ever in which I have told him we need to just deal with everything in court. He has not been reliable in the 4 years our son has been on earth, and has legally abandoned his child in the eyes of... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Washington on
Q: Non custodial plans to live in rv on mothers property with 11m, 10m, 8f kids

Non custodial father plans to live in rv on mothers property with 11m, 10m, 8f kids with one sleeping in his bed due to space for his 3 weekends a month.

This is for wa state.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Washington on
Q: Can child endangerment force an involuntary parental rights termination? Washington state

Mother wants to give baby up for adoption. Dad wants to get son back after an undetermined amount of time. Currently they live with moms family. Grandma is primary care giver. Both mom and dad have very little contact with baby of their own choice.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Washington on
Q: Non-cust parent plans to live in motorhome with no address and have 3 kids there for his time (cramped), legal?

In regards to a noncustodial parent planning to live in motorhome with no permanent address, unknown location of motorhome and have his 3 kids there for 3 weekends a month. Is this legal? Concerned of safty, privacy (kids 8-11 f,m,m).

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on
Q: What needs to be done?

Father has an old dependency order from a state that neither parent live in and that state no longer has jurisdiction. Does the order need to be registered in the new state if I am not seeking for it to be enforced but seeking that a modification of the custody be done? Father submitted orders... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on
Q: The grandma to my children are keeping my kids from me. What can I do?

I have 2 children that I have established paternity. They live with their mother/grandparents. The mother hasn't really been a part of my children's life. And the grandmother does not have legal guardianship and does not answer my messages when I ask to see my children. I have reason to... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on
Q: My ex wife and I got a court order stating that I do 75% transportation for out kids. I need clarification on this

Our parenting plan states she has our kids Friday through Monday one week and Friday through Tuesday the next week. Switch off time is at noon. They go to school right across the street from my home and she lives 2 hours away. If I am to do 75% of transportation am I supposed to transport them to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Probate for Washington on
Q: Mother-in-law died a year ago- left me $50,000 I'm having a hard time receiving and I need to know what I need

The executor which is her brother Everett lawyer says the house needs to sell before I receive my money I don't think this is correct it doesn't state that in the will -will currently in Probate

Keith Armstrong
Keith Armstrong
answered on Sep 22, 2022

Hello estate heir. The probate attorney and executor may be correct. If the estate does not have liquid cash, may have to sell hard assets to fund the inheritance. But more important is the priority of distributions. First, creditors and claims, expenses, legal, accounting fees and bills.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Washington on
Q: Hello, I would like to know about the name change of a minor in Oregon or Washington state.

I would like to know the likelihood or what would help support me in court for the name change of a minor (my child) if the father does not agree to it. I have raised her full time since she was 9 months old, I handle everything from education, health insurance, dental and doctor visits, etc.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Elder Law, Family Law and Libel & Slander for Washington on
Q: My sister spreads false tales about me abusing my mom by spending her money. What do I do?

Mom moved into my house because she spend 16 years alone after dad died. I let her move in and it disrupts the family because Im her favorite and they are not. Mom made me POA and she went with us all over. Everything we did mom was with us and gave approval. Since 2016 my sister tells everyone Im... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Washington on
Q: My ex is not following a court order. I have to pick up my daughter every Friday after work but my ex won't let me c

Cause she's mad i didn't my daughter to school on the first day

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: In Washington, married-couple single-member LLC, one spouse transfers all shares to the other, is quit claim required?

There is a condo owned by the LLC, originally purchased jointly and equally (with community funds), by the married couple. Now the couple wants to transmute the real property and all assets within the LLC as separate property to only one spouse.

The LLC Operating Agreement will be... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Adoption and Family Law for Washington on
Q: Would a person call this adoption fraud?

Two different family members wanting to adopt a child. Aunt has guardianship. Child wants to live with Grant parent. Child receives survivor benefits. Aunt kept it a secret from the grandmother and the courts who the child wanted to live with. Aunt stated to grandmother in writing she was only... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Immigration Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Washington on
Q: Wife keeping son in Philippines against my will, didn't let him return with me, can I stop her from taking son again?

When my wife (with a US green card) eventually returns with my son (Who is a US citizen) to America, can I prevent her from taking him back to the Philippines and keeping him there against my will again?

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
answered on Aug 21, 2022

In some cases a custodial parent has a primary decision making ability with respect to the minor's whereabouts.

For instance, if the second parent lost or never obtained an ability for shared parental responsibilities then one may not prevent a legally custodial parent from traveling...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: appealing to the court in CA to remove my name on sued list that I reside in WA

someone sued me and 2 brothers (they reside same CA state) about the money matter in the family. I would request to remove my name since I live out of the state.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 17, 2022

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You may want to consider discussing this with a Washington attorney. It isn't fully clear if this is an arbitration (which is your posted category) or a formal legal action, possibly based on a long-arm... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Washington on
Q: I have a detective and adult services checking on my mom because she took out 50,000 out of her bank America account

My m moved in about 6 months ago and got a settlement and I went to the bank with her about 2 months ago and she withdrawn 50 thousand and now I have a detective and adult services at my door what should I do I haven’t done anything wrong my moms old doctor ordered her to get tests done for some... Read more »

Jason Powers
Jason Powers PRO label
answered on Apr 14, 2022

You need to call a lawyer. APS thinks you had her get the money for your benefit. They might try and remove her from your care and send charges to a prosecutor. I suggest you call a local criminal law attorney and meet with them. This need to be done before you and or mom meet with them. Also,... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.