Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination and Health Care Law for Connecticut on
Q: Can a job offer be revoked due to me being a medical marijuana patient in Connecticut (not gov't job)?

I was offered a job a few months ago (contingent upon a drug screen and background check). I am a medical marijuana patient in the state of CT (PTSD sleep issues) and this job was located instate. I received an email from HR revoking the job offer due to a "failed drug test". When I... Read more »

Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg answered on Oct 30, 2019

Pursuant to a recent federal district court case (Noffsinger v. SSN Niantic Operating Co. LLC,) Connecticut employees who have received approval from the state agency to use medical marijuana outside of work cannot be fired just because they test positive for marijuana during a drug screening.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Connecticut on
Q: I had shingles and my manager went and told the whole staff and the manager across the street

When the manager across the street came in to grab something she let everyone know what was going on and there was a customer in the bathroom

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 24, 2019

I assume you are asking if there is a suit. You may have a claim for hostile work environment but this is very tricky-contact a member of the Ct. Trial Lawyers Assn that handles employment issues. They give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Connecticut on
Q: Is incest within 2 consentual adults illegal in the state of Connecticut?
Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg answered on Aug 8, 2019

Incest is defined in Connecticut code § 53a-19. It is a Class D Felony that can subject someone to imprisonment between 1 and 5 years and can be accompanied by a fine of up to $5,000.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Connecticut on
Q: This is strange but I am renting a room out of a condo and the guy renting it to us put up a camera in the living room.

You can see when it's recording at certain times of the day

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jul 31, 2018

And the question is?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Banking, Consumer Law and Family Law for Connecticut on
Q: I lived with my x girl house were not married my checks from work got direct deposit into her bank can i get it back

We were not married and had nothing in writing about any agreement and everything was under her name

Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg answered on Aug 11, 2017

It will depend on how this all transpired. Did you authorize this transfer somehow? Did she commit identity fraud? Your question is still somewhat vague.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Connecticut on
Q: If your in a place that is being raided for a search&sezure can the officers actually cavitysearch you in the house
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko answered on May 20, 2017

A cavity search is highly intrusive, and would generally need to be justified by a warrant.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: I found out recently that I had potentially unnecessary surgery performed on me as an infant, do I have any recourse?

I've attempted to contact the hospital to request records but apparently they purge all records 10 years after discharge in accordance with CT state law. Not knowing the details of this surgery has major implications on my medical affairs currently. Also, the possibility that the surgeon... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Dec 23, 2016

The statue of limitations will be a major hurdle. I don't see any way around it.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: I am a professional female living in CT. my ex's current female friend stole a 5 yr old explicit video from his phone

she sent the video to me from his phone with the phrase "don't play with me" I am now fearful that she might post this explicit video online. I contacted my ex and he had no knowledge of the video being taken from his phone and swore he would never post or share it per our agreement... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 13, 2016

If it does become a court case, perhaps it would fall under Invasion of Privacy. You might let her know that there would be legal consequences to her if she were to post this video and that you would have no hesitation in taking legal action.

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Connecticut on
Q: Is filming your or another person's interactions with law enforcement legal in Connecticut?

With the ever-increasing concerns over public safety and the growing "police state" a lot of people opt to document their encounters with police as a means to keep both sides honest and safe. Is it legal to film considering there is no reasonable expectation of privacy while on the job?

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Sep 1, 2015

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.