Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Civil Rights for Minnesota on
Q: i live in a low income apartment building that caters to sec,8 and GRH recently they put up a sign for black lives mater

would this not be racism

William Bailey
William Bailey answered on Nov 24, 2020

What is and is not racism is a matter of opinion. This isn't really a legal question.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Products Liability for Minnesota on
Q: What happened if someone steal your car part

I have the picture of my car part and I know the person who take my car part

William Bailey
William Bailey answered on Aug 11, 2020

If you have evidence of a crime and know who committed the crime, it would be a good idea to contact the police so that they can pursue criminal charges and if the person is convicted, you could get restitution for the value of the stolen part.

2 Answers | Asked in Federal Crimes, Libel & Slander and Juvenile Law for Minnesota on
Q: What are the consequences if someone presses charges on you for throwing lemonade on their parked car?

No one was inside the car. There was no damage. Maybe made a tiny section of the car sticky. The person however is accusing us of keying the car. We did not.

Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher answered on Apr 27, 2020

Only the police or a prosecutor can initiate a criminal investigation and charge. A person can complain to police, who might or might not investigate. If police do investigate, avoid talking to them. Talk to a criminal lawyer first. Apart from legal action, it's a good idea to respect... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Libel & Slander for Minnesota on
Q: Why does this need to be read without consultation concerning the underlying issues that have not yet been addressed?

I was suffering from a period of Incapacity due to third degree burns, burn surgery, and an eighteen month recovery from those burns and the surgery. I could not adequately represent myself. I had my Constitutional rights trampled all over. They did not provide what was subpoenaed for that trial.... Read more »

William Bailey
William Bailey answered on Jan 24, 2020

It sounds like you have a complex civil appellate matter. You should consult privately with an attorney who handles civil rights appeals. You can use the search function on this site and give a few a call.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Contracts and Libel & Slander for Minnesota on
Q: Violation of civil rights, breach of contract, defamation

Expelled from college for appealing a 1 year suspension. Sexual assault policy violation. Both parties drinking, male found responsible. Criminally charged but case dismissed prior to trial. Criminal discovery revealed exculpatory evidence that all female title IX committee withheld from... Read more »

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Aug 26, 2018

And your question is what?

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Personal Injury and Libel & Slander for Minnesota on
Q: I am disabled an need a MN attorney for financial exploitation, harassment, slander to potential employer, pro bono?

I have a restraining order that has been breached with theft also my new address is now in my abuser's hands.

I was harassed and bullied causing a bogus eviction which was later realized as fraud.

Retaliatory restraining order was filed bold lies in print on court forms.... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 3, 2017

Assuming the person has no money you will have to pay for suing them--there's no source of money for anyone to collect a fee from. However, a womens law center may be able to get you someone who can ask the court to enforce the court order or get a different one.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Minnesota on
Q: A girl I dated in the 80's stole $10,000 from me. She threatened to go to my boss in 1983, if I pressed, and report our

Our gay relationship. I was a stockbroker. I backed off fearing losing my job. Over the years, I thought we put it behind us.. And communicated as friendly. She does printing, and I needed some help with a mailer, so I asked her for help at No Cost. She then made up new accusations that I beat her,... Read more »

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Sep 11, 2016

Your question does not provide the full facts of your case. I suggest you do not post the complete information here as it is a publicly searchable forum. You write about "blackmailing," "threats," and "new accusations." It would be important to know the nature and... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for Minnesota on
Q: Can a 16 year old sue for slander?
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Jul 25, 2016

I don't know enough about your case to give you an answer, but I doubt most 16 year olds would have a defamation/libel/slander claim worth pursuing. If you are being harassed by somebody, that may be an entirely different story.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.