Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Public Benefits Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Education Law and Public Benefits for Kentucky on
Q: Can my sons grandparents obtain custody of my son without me knowing, if his father is there to give his custody up?

Father is not on BC, No action has ever been through courts, ive never signed anything. Minor as loved with GP since he was 16mnths, I’ve kept contact over the years even written notes for doctors and take phone calls from hospitals giving permission to his PGM to be the one with him while they... View More

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on May 15, 2023

I do not practice law in Kentucky, but rather across the river in Ohio. The laws regarding child custody can vary depending on your jurisdiction, so it's important to consult with a local lawyer who can provide advice based on the specific laws in your area.

In general, if there has...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Social Security and Public Benefits for Kentucky on
Q: Is it legal in Ky for someone who has Medicaid and SSI but in a nursing home to sell property and a home.

Her daughter as her POA deeded everything to herself and sold it. Her mom just passed. We've reported the numerous times to local DCBS and nothing ever comes of it. It seems her daughter has friends in the DCBS who help her and ignore the complaints. I think it's wrong when so many people... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Nov 1, 2022

The facts as you have set them out would seem to indicate it is not legal. Medicaid or SS are the only ones who might possibly be obligated to investigate. A decision would then be based on the findings of their investigation as to whether a crime has been committed.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Public Benefits for Kentucky on
Q: I was given a citation for passing a stopped school bus, should I get an attorney or am I entitled to a public defender?

The road has 4 lanes total and a median seperating them into 2 lane roads, I'm certain the bus was in the opposite 2 lanes, I would like to fight this ticket and plead not guilty.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Apr 28, 2022

Hire an attorney. These cases can be tricky.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Public Benefits for Kentucky on
Q: I have a court hearing coming up that says "Show cause deferred/installment payment". What does this mean?

My restitution on this case is over 33,000 but I have paid over 9,000 on this cause in the past 3 years. Will the judge put me in jail because it's not paid in full by the time I go to court?

Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert
answered on Sep 11, 2021

It depends on the judge and it depends how much you have been paying lately. Normally judges will be lenient if you’re doing the best you can but if you refused to pay or haven’t paid a lot in the last few months they could give you an ultimatum and say you have to pay X amount with a a certain... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Public Benefits for Kentucky on
Q: Indicted on Medicaid Fraud in Hardin Co KY

I did not know that I even had Medicaid. Then I receive a notice from the court that I was indicted by the grand jury for fraud in Hardin County. At the time I was going to school to be an RN and was raising 4 children. I am married but the time frame they are stating he was unemployed. I never did... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Aug 30, 2020

You need to find and hire a competent criminal defense attorney immediately who can help you get out in front of this.

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits and Traffic Tickets for Kentucky on
Q: Can I go to jail for not getting my license for court and they asked me to?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 26, 2020

Not likely due to the current external circumstances. However, once able, you should comply immediately.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Public Benefits for Kentucky on
Q: If I take legal custody of a child that receives survior benefits for a parent, will they still get those benefits?

One parent is still alive and we have a joint custody agreement, although the child lives with me full time. No relation, the parent just couldn't care for the child anymore so I stepped in to help out.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Oct 9, 2019

They should continue to receive them, yes.

1 Answer | Asked in Probate, Public Benefits and Estate Planning for Kentucky on
Q: My mother has Alzheimer's disease and she willed her two retirement accounts to me some time ago. When should I send it

When should I send a copy of the will?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Aug 18, 2018

You should send it now bc some other documents my need to be executed while she is still alive.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.