Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Business Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Business Law for Arkansas on
Q: we are looking to open a small piercing shop ears only we would use piercing tools not needles

we have both worked in claires as piercing specialist we just need to know the legality and certifications we should have

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation and Gov & Administrative Law for Arkansas on
Q: what to do when the hearing officer makes false statements in the FINDING OF FACTS.

I have all the proof that he/she stated false facts. I also have the audio recording .

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 17, 2021

You make an appeal. You may think all facts are absolute. But often what we think are "facts" are either a combination of facts and the conclusions we draw from them--and conclusions are always subject to argument.

Even judges have been known to make errors as to what the...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Arkansas on
Q: I have given my company a two weeks notice. They are asking I give an exit interview and complete an “exit inventory”

Do I have to comply? It’s an at will employer so can I chose to resign effectively immediately instead of complying with exit steps? I’ve reviewed my acceptance letter and employee handbook table of contents I signed and see nothing specifically addressing “exit interview and or exit... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Aug 28, 2020

You await a response for three weeks. You could try reposting in the Employment Law category. There's no guarantee that all questions are picked up, but you might have better chances there. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Arkansas on
Q: Hey I'm trying to see how can I find out if a pawn shop is legal to be open in monticello
Don Spears
Don Spears answered on May 29, 2020

Check with the city clerk.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Business Law for Arkansas on
Q: Hello, I bought an item from China and paid with PayPal. When I received the item, it was flawed and had missing parts.

I opened a case with PayPal and they make me ship it back and pay for shipping that is $3000. My question is why do I have to lose my own money as it was not my fault that the seller shipped bad items? Should I just accept the loss and ship it back or should I legally try to make the seller pay for... Read more »

Jingzhan Wang
Jingzhan Wang answered on Jan 15, 2018

need to check your contract to see what it's provided

0 Answers | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Civil Litigation for Arkansas on
Q: Can I sue my siblings to force dissolution of an LLC we are in and sell our farm we inherited?

There is four of us and they wanted to keep it for a few years and see how things went. If after that period we wanted to sell then we would. We formed an LLC and rent the farm out to a farmer for crop rent. The oldest sister and my brother who are next in age are the managers of the LLC. After... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Arkansas on
Q: HR&Ethics no action when reported boss. He's been reported previously and nothing done. EEOC case WM forced admin lv.

I was placed on Paid Admin Leave when WM learned I have EEOC case. I've learned someone has taken my job. I can't understand how this has happened to me. I followed Code of Ethics and rules and my career is over. My boss has been reported previously. Open doored last year. I began... Read more »

W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman answered on Jun 15, 2017

I suggest Steven Woods in Rogers, he practices employment law and will be able to help if you have a case.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Employment Law for Arkansas on
Q: I want to start a topless cleaning service in Little Rock Arkansas. Is this legal?

We would offer topless cleaning in home or of a car in a home garage. We would offer topless servers for parties. Also, we would offer guys in tight underwear for women who were interested in these services. No sexual acts would be condoned/approved. Their lowest extremities (vagina, penis, or an... Read more »

Don Spears
Don Spears answered on Nov 10, 2016

Under Arkansas law 5-14-112 you might have a problem. The law reads as follows:

(a) A person commits indecent exposure if, with the purpose to arouse or gratify a sexual desire of himself or herself or of any other person, the person exposes his or her sex organs:

(1) In a public...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Tax Law for Arkansas on
Q: What form do I file for my LLC's income when I'm the only owner when I file an amended return for my personal taxes?

I live in Arkansas and I need to file an amended return but I need to add my LLC's income and I don't know what form to file with the amended return for my personal income taxes for 2015.

Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson answered on Mar 8, 2016

If it is a disregarded entity for tax purposes, then you would report it on your schedule C.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.