Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Indiana Family Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Indiana on
Q: Does third party guardianship end when a child reaches the age of majority and does not want to live in the home?

The child's birth mother was previously married to the (now) third-p-g male from child's age of 4 months until the child was 5. Birth mother left and divorced. Child was removed from birth mother at age 11 for educational neglect and home insecurity. Child met birth father in courtroom.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Indiana on
Q: How do I file for a declaration of emancipation?

My address is currently in Illinois. I moved in w a family member in Indiana to save money in order to be more stable. I was kicked in and out since 13 yrs of age. Was homeless for 2 years and have supported myself financially for almost 2 years now. It's just to hard to live without public... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Indiana on
Q: Does or can vaccination status affect parenting time?

I am fully vaccinated (2 doses and boostered) and both of my children (5 and 9) are also fully vaccinated (2 doses). My ex-husband, their father, refuses to get vaccinated. He also has his fiancé and her 3 kids living in his home (with 1 of them sharing a bedroom with my kids, which I have been... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Indiana on
Q: If a custodial parent refuses supervised parenting time to non custodial parent. Abandons the child at grandparents

Am I legally allowed to go pick up the child after been abandoned by custodial parent. there at the grandparents house

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Indiana on
Q: I owe back child support and want to pay it at least payments. The county has not responded to me? Help? Veteran

My children are both over 18 now and I have reached out to the county attorney asking for a payment plan and they have not responded. I want to pay this but it is a lot and I can’t pay it at once. My only income is my VA disability. I am afraid they are going to arrest me. I want to resolve this... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Indiana on
Q: I need assistance in dealing with and knowing my rights when it comes to a false accusation of educational neglect.

I’m homeschooling my child and also I’ve had excessive false accusations and reports over the span of several years with nothing ever being confirmed

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Indiana on
Q: What can I get, without involving the courts, that allows me temporary guardianship?

I need a temporary guardianship form or something of the like. My younger (14) sister is coming to live with me. ALL parties are in agreement. I am not interested in taking this to court but I need something that states I am able to act upon her behalf (doctor appointments, school, etc.) in which... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Family Law for Indiana on
Q: Can a child claim a family dog from an abusive mother who is holding the dog in order to coerce him to live with her?

Hi, I live in Indiana and I was recently informed by a close friend of mine that his mother(who he lives with the majority of the time as the result of a divorce), has been an emotionally abusive parent and has put a great deal of emotional stress on him. From what he has told me, she has been... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Indiana on
Q: What can I do, if my child has had lice for 11 weeks at the other parent’s home, that has an active lice infestation?

The other parent is not properly treating or controlling the infestation. My child has continuously had lice for 11 full weeks and counting. The other parent is claiming they’re “doing all they can”. My house does not, nor have we ever, had lice.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Indiana on
Q: Can my 16 year old sister leave her “home”?

We share the same father and he resides in Alabama. Her mom (my stepmom) passed away when my sister was 6. Her guardian she is living with is not blood related or by marriage. Her guardian and the guardians bf abuse her mentally/emotionally and physically. I called dcs and they said “it wasn’t... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Indiana on
Q: How is my boyfriend’s Indiana child support affected if we decide to live together or get married? Would he pay more?

He and child’s mother never married or lived together. Custodial parent (She) lives in IN. Non-custodial parent (He) lives in VA. Child’s parents are both employed to full capacity. He and I would maintain separate bank accounts. We would split living expenses 50/50 in Maryland. His living... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Adoption and Child Custody for Indiana on
Q: Do I have to ask my ex permission to start fostering to adopt a child?

We have four children together. And joint legal custody

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Adoption and Child Custody for Indiana on
Q: I have physical custody of my four kids. My ex and I share joint legal custody with him having the final say if disagree

I have opportunity to foster to adopt a 4 month old. Do I have to tell him or get his permission?

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Indiana on
Q: Hello there , Where do you find the petition for emancipation form in Indiana preferably in the St. Joseph county area.

I’ve been searching for this form for years and I still have been unable to locate this form.

0 Answers | Asked in Adoption and Family Law for Indiana on
Q: If a biological parent dies. Does a child that been adopted out have legal rights

My dad died and my aunt is telling me legally I have no rights

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Indiana on
Q: Husband and wife leased house to another party. Lease not completed yet. Getting a divorce. What happens to lease?

House has been leased to a person. The lease will not be completed until September. Does the divorce cancel the lease making the house available to sell?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.