Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Nevada on
Q: I was charged with attempted theft in Nevada and did probation, can I pass a background check to buy a firearm?

I know that theft is a category c felony but on my plea deal paperwork the attempted theft was a gross misdemeanor. I know I still have rights if it’s a gross misdemeanor but the more I read into the ATF guidelines of background check I’m not sure sure how it works. Also I completed probation... View More

Warren Geller
Warren Geller pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 12, 2023

If you were originally charged with felony theft, but that charge was reduced to a non-felony conviction, then that charge will not bar you from legally possessing or purchasing a firearm. The judgement of conviction will be the controlling document.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Nevada on
Q: Arrested with short barreled shotgun that was my boyfriends but the search warrant was for me on a fraud investigation

My boyfriend tried to take the charges but they said no is that lawful

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 2, 2023

In legal situations, whether charges can be transferred from one person to another depends on various factors, including the evidence available, the circumstances of the case, and the discretion of law enforcement and prosecutors.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Tax Law and Federal Crimes for Nevada on
Q: IRS account transcripts issues

I was hoping I could ask you a question.

When I login to get my account transcripts. For some reason as of last Friday I was able to see 2014 and 2015 and download them. However as of yesterday Saturday I can see all of them except for 2014 and 2015 it says N/A for those years.

Is... View More

Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
answered on Jan 12, 2022

Transcripts only stay available online for a certain period of time. If you did not owe any taxes for a particular year it is not unusual for them to be removed. January is the time of year that the IRS updates its systems so that may be why they disappeared. There is no guarantee that this is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Identity Theft, Securities Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Nevada on
Q: Rollover IRA checks mailed to the wrong PO BOX by OneAmerica and were electronically deposited by someone else.

Back in October, I started a rollover IRA with my previous employer’s retirement services company, OneAmerica. Unfortunately, OneAmerica sent the checks (payable to Fidelity FBO w my name on them) to an incorrect PO BOX (1 number off). These checks were electronically deposited by the owner of... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Dec 29, 2021

You may have more trouble getting your rollover IRA money back than you had hoped. Why?

Because it was deposited electronically (without prejudice) and credited to some unknown person's account at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., which is notorious for holding onto money not supposed to be...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Nevada on
Q: Firearms ownership. Would I be a prohibited person with a misdemeanor conviction (non DV)?

Hello, I was arrested for Assault/ Deadly Weapon, which was amended to Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct, in 2010. It is non DV related. The conviction carries a possible maximum sentence of 6 months. Would I be banned from firearm ownership due to the initial charge of ADW, even though it was amended... View More

Malcolm P. LaVergne
Malcolm P. LaVergne pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 3, 2020

This type of conviction is not an automatic bar to prohibiting you from possessing firearms, but you should get a Nevada attorney to seal your prior criminal record. And always fully disclose if you are asked about prior arrests/convictions of certain types when you apply for a firearm permit or... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Nevada on
Q: Hello my mom was arrested here in 2020 for check fraud in 2009. Is there a statue of limitations on that

She has gone to court twice since then for traffic tickets and no told her anything of the sort

Malcolm P. LaVergne
Malcolm P. LaVergne pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 21, 2020

If formal charges were filed in 2009, then no. The warrant stays forever, most of the time. I've had people with warrants out for seven or eight years. They left the state, and then they apply for a special job or a professional license, so it finally comes up. So the charge has to be dealt... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Elder Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Nevada on
Q: Travel Company I joined moved, I can't contact them and I'm still making payments to a finance company what can I do?

Infinity Concierge Services, LLC, Inessa Kazaryan and Vilen Kazaryan have beat many people including myself out of lots of money. This was a Travel Club in Las Vegas, NV located on Convention Center Drive. Vilen was the Mgr at the office which no longer exists and the telephone numbers are... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jun 21, 2019

I applaud your persistence and determination in trying to resolve this troublesome problem. As you now know, you are only one of many other people who have suffered substantial loss in this flimflam.

Unfortunately, there is no (easy) way to get out of the installment contract you made with...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Nevada on
Q: Does a felony show up on my background if the case was dismissed? It was for possession of illegal substance

The case took place in 2011. My case was in a different state.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 14, 2019

Usually any charge, Felony or Misdemeanor, will show up on background checks if the charge entry was never successfully expunged. There are several different Criminal Databases, and some will show everything, while some will not. You will need to contact the Clerk of the Court you were charged... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Government Contracts for Nevada on
Q: I'd like to sue Barack Obama for giving 150 billion dollars of american tax payer dollars to Iran, without consent.

Since there are close to 250-300 million american workers that would bring my share to around 4.2 million dollars. I'd like to be compensated, since this was done without consent. Is there a lawyer who will take my case?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Mar 13, 2018

No. If there had been I'm sure it would have been done. There are a number of reasons way too long for me to give you.

Consider a similar thought--can someone sue the Congress for giving over a trillion dollars in tax breaks to wealthy people? No, that's what they do.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.