Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Employment Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My GrubHub delivery driver account was deactivated this year. I can't get any specific reason why from the company

My GrubHub delivery driver account was deactivated May of this year. I was on the platform for about a year and did over a 100 deliveries and even earned an upgraded insulated catering bag for the milestone. Then just like a week or two later my account was deactivated. I didn't have any... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 15, 2023

Unfortunately, GrubHub, like many gig economy platforms, typically maintains significant discretion in deactivating driver accounts. While they may have policies regarding contract violations and deactivations, these platforms often reserve the right to deactivate accounts without providing... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Probate for Oklahoma on
Q: How can I get my part off my inheritance of my sister's won't sell house my mom left us all? They are living in it.

My mom left her 5 children her house in a will. All our names are on the deed. My 2 sisters live in the house and will not sell it. They won't let me see the will and get nasty when I mention them buying me out. Last I remember was my mom saying it was suppose to sell but not sure if it was... View More

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 20, 2023

If the Will was Probated then it will be at the Courthouse. Hire a competent OK attorney to file suit for a Sale For Partition.

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Oklahoma on
Q: What does it mean to specify my claim and components in an arbitration proceeding or what all does it consist of?
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
answered on Nov 21, 2022

Arbitration is too involved to FULLY explain here. But basically the parties go through a process to choose an Arbitrator, who sits as a judge, and hears testimony and evidence on your claims. Depending upon the language of the arbitration clause, his decision may, or may not be a final... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Civil Litigation and Construction Law for Oklahoma on
Q: What type of lawyer would specialize in an invoice dispute?

Dispute is between a private resident and a construction company invoice for work performed at home.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 21, 2022

An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. A civil litigation attorney should be able to handle a straightforward one. If the matter is highly technical with engineering or architectural attributes, there are construction law attorneys. Good luck

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I need to file a Motion to Vacate arbitration decision.

Lawsuit has been filed. I'm the plaintiff.

014 Oklahoma Statutes

Title 12. Civil Procedure

§12-1874. Application to vacate an award.

Universal Citation: 12 OK Stat § 12-1874 (2014)

A. Upon an application and motion to the court by a party to an... View More

David H. Relkin
David H. Relkin
answered on Jul 8, 2021

A motion to vacate based on "evident partiality" is a very tough motion. You need something more than a generalized suspicion that the arbitrator, though he works in the same business as your opponent in the Arbitration, was "evident[ly] partial."

Further, assuming that...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I sell a vehicle that someone abandon in my driveway?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 24, 2020

I'm sorry your post remains open for four weeks. This is really something an Oklahoma attorney would need to advise on, as laws for determining abandonment could vary by jurisdiction. An attorney should be able to advise as to what good faith measures you would need to take to demonstrate due... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Oklahoma on
Q: Hello my name is Ashlie , I am in need of an attorney, how do I file harassment by other parent in my case

I am I a custody case with absentee father. He wants joint custody now he was going to be forced to pay child support. He never had asked for her snf or bought anything. He currently I'd threatening me, calling g all state agencies trying to hinder me in any way he can. What can I do?

Hans Otto Lehr
Hans Otto Lehr
answered on Jul 31, 2019

What you need to do depends on the type and level of harassment and threats. They may rise to the level of needing an Order of Protection against him. If nothing else, the evidence of harassment and threats may be used in your custody case against him; it doesn't sound like joint custody is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Divorce, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Oklahoma on
Q: 2015 Divorce there is a temporary protective order issued to coincide with this case to divorce was final in 2016

Protective order should be looked at before finalise this case the case has been finalised and the PO was never look at or address it was a temporary order with no date is it still good or ?

Doak Willis
Doak Willis
answered on Jul 12, 2019

If the protective order was issued in the course of the divorce in that case and not filed in a separate protective order case filing with a different case number, the temporary orders in the divorce become null and void after the rendition of the decree of dissolution unless the protective order... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Civil Litigation for Oklahoma on
Q: Is there a simple form to ask the court to order return of personal property held by someone?
Thomas A. Grossman
Thomas A. Grossman
answered on Jun 28, 2018

There is no simple way to use the Courts. You would have to file a civil complaint against the person who has refused to return your personal property. The easiest thing for you to do is file a small claims action against the person. It costs only about $20 (in California) to file, and the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Oklahoma on
Q: Does the MLA (military lending act) cover me in this situation?

I was enlisted at the time I signed for a predatory payday loan and have been paying them for almost two years constantly having to renew as it's almost impossible to pay them off. I heard about the MLA and each time I ask the company about it they never answer me and refuse to give anything... View More

David Humphreys
David Humphreys
answered on Sep 16, 2017

There is a federal Military Lending Act, but I am not aware of a state law passed in Oklahoma. The federal law does offer protections but you don't say in what way you think the MLA was violated. Please provide more information and I will evaluate. Thank you.

PS Don't let the...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Oklahoma on
Q: What happens when a motion to modify a divorce decree was never finished. It was filed to modify but we never finished.

Original decree states me as sole custodian. My Ex filed a motion to modify our decree. We started spending thousands on lawyers and realized both our lawyers were not being honest with us about the other. We came to our own agreement and never finished the amended decree. Does this mean the... View More

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
answered on Apr 10, 2017

The last order, the Temporary Order is still in effect. My suggestion would be for either you or your Ex draw up your agreement, both sign your approval, and submit to the Judge for filing.

I would be happy to review it for you before it is filed if you send it to me. Visit my website...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Oklahoma on
Q: As a mediator doing business as a sole proprietor in Oklahoma, do I need to register a fictitious name if I use one?
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson
answered on Dec 23, 2013

Yes. Register your "dba" (doing business as) with the Secretary of State. You can do it online.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.