Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Washington on
Q: Hospital didn’t take percationary measures to prevent DVTs while completely immobile for 3 weeks unde there care.

I was hospitalized for about a month completely confined to my bed unable to move from my bed to even go to the bathroom From a serious life threatening infection in the joint in my hip... already known to have and at very high risk for blood clots, they did not take any precautionary measures to... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 3, 2021

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. I'm sorry for your ordeal. Unfortunately, it is difficult for an attorney to offer meaningful input here - your situation calls for a medical opinion. As a starting point, you could reach out to med mal... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: If someone comes near me not wearing a mask, which is a threat to my health can I defend myself.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 6, 2020

A Washington attorney could answer this best, but your question remains open for a week. Depending on how the situation unfolded, it could result in assault charges. A criminal defense attorney could offer better insight here than a personal injury attorney. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Health Care Law for Washington on
Q: so if Inslee continues to call this and emergency does this mean he can keep doing this forever?

also does he have the right to jail and fine people for not complying with his wishes? and if so why are so many officers of the law refusing to enforce his mandates? thank you for responding

Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson answered on Jun 26, 2020

Violation of the Governor's order is a gross misdemeanor, so a person can be arrested for it. Does "he" have the right to jail people? No, that is not the function of his office. But local law enforcement anywhere in the state can enforce the statute.

Since it only went in...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Insurance Bad Faith for Washington on
Q: If a Washington State (exempt) agency committed fraud can they be sued?

If a Washington State (exempt) agency knowingly false reported, selectively deleted protected permanent records, committed fraud and theft $588,000 and intentionally neglected claimant to cause death can they be sued under tort law?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 23, 2018

You would need to discuss this with a Washington attorney at the soonest. I do not practice in Washington but your question was not picked up for four weeks. If you are contemplating legal action, you should consult with an attorney without delay because there could be notice of claim filing... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Washington on
Q: Is it legal for an employer to only give 24 hour health insurance paperwork turnaround time? We had no time to look

We had no time to look into our other options. At 24/hr, the premium is $900/month for a family, and it would only cover 50% and the deductible was insanely high. My husband filled it all out because he didn't want us to be without coverage. We searched around and found options for my daughter... Read more »

Christian K. Lassen
Christian K. Lassen answered on Apr 2, 2018

You can complain to the HR Department

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Washington on
Q: Can I sue a hospital for getting mrsa?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 31, 2015

More facts are needed, as well as a full discussion with an attorney who handles medical malpractice cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.