Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Employment Discrimination and Gov & Administrative Law for Kentucky on
Q: How come I can get fired for going to Colorado and smoking cannabis but you can go to Las Vegas and gamble both illegal?

Both are illegal in the state of Kentucky and you can do one but not the other. Also add that a coworker got a dui and didn’t get fired because his dad is boss it is a public sector job. And the employee handbook states that if a dui occur that results in termination.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Aug 17, 2018

The short answer is your brought the marijuana from Colorado back to Kentucky where it shows up in your blood stream, which obviously violates the employers wellness policy. The gambling effects did not transfer nor did they occur in Kentucky where obviously the failed drug test did.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Military Law for Kentucky on
Q: How do I obtain a letter showing disposition of a past case in Ky?

My girlfriend lives on Fort Knox as a civilian I have passed infractions that were dropped to misdemeanors I have no felonies on my record but Fort Knox is saying that one of them has not been dispositioned in the computers and will not allow me on the army base to visit my girlfriend's home... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Apr 18, 2018

Go to the circuit clerks office in the county where the case occurred and ask for a certified copy of the disposition of the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.