Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Montana Civil Litigation Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Products Liability and Insurance Bad Faith for Montana on
Q: While traveling from California to Montana in January I acquired AAA Towing services $5000+ plus was stolen. Now what?

I left Cali Friday 01/22/21. On The 23rd east of Truckee Nevada I had blown a tire. Wile stuck on side of the road for 6 - 8 hours looking for ways to get it fixed that day the 23rd. AAA had assured me more than once that it would be taken care of that day and even gave me a phone they could get my... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 6, 2021

File a theft complaint with the police if you haven't already. File a claim with your insurance company. Contact Tripple A.

Contact a member of the Nevada Trial Lawyers Assn who handles insurance to see if you have any claim--I'm not seeing it.

You have a claim agasint...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Montana on
Q: If someone broke into my storage unit and took my belongings can I file a Civil Suite?

This person was going around Butte Montana breaking into storage units. His girl friend pawned some of my jewelry. He is now in jail for doing some of the same. Can I file a civil suite on both people?

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Mar 15, 2016

Yes, you can. Problem is collecting, as people in jail often do not have money to pay judgments from the court.

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Montana on
Q: I am residing in montana. A police officer tried to serve me a subpoena over facebook...

I am residing in montana. A police officer tried to serve me a subpoena over facebook i did not see the message i just saw a preview of the message saying that there was a subpoena. I have since deactivated my facebook. My question is this; is it legal to serve a subpoena over facebook? Also what... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 22, 2015

Service of process must be done in person, not on facebook. You will have to see a local attorney about the other matters you raised, as well as this one.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.