Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Contracts Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Real Estate Law for Georgia on
Q: What type of lawyer should I seek for a negligent kitchen remodeling company. The kicker is the owner is my neighbor.

We are 2 months into our kitchen remodel and every single aspect has had to be micro managed by me and my husband due the lack of knowledge, organization and incompetence of the project manager. The owner who is also our neighbor, lives 6 doors down has not been in our home in 45 days. We have had... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Georgia on
Q: What steps do I take, judgement ruled in my favor against a business and still no money received it was 4 months ago.

He illegally repossessed my vehicle and I have not received my 2000 back after 4 months. He has done this to others and his business is thriving but has not attempted to pay me.

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Georgia on
Q: Georgia Code 10-14-29 applies specifically to "cemetery companies" building a mausoleum or columbarium. Does the code

apply to churches building a columbarium on church property?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Copyright for Georgia on
Q: I am an author and I am looking to sell licensing rights to my book. Is the first step to register the copyright?

And then once it is registered as a copyright would the next step be to draw up a contractual agreement with the person who wants to buy the license? Or is there a premade license that the person can buy?

Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp
Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp
answered on Jul 30, 2022

It would be prudent for an author to register the copyright in the unpublished work before offering it for publication.

Established publishers have their own forms of agreement to acquire the rights to publish books, with a variety of terms regarding how and when the author is compensated....
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Georgia on
Q: Hey. Under this OCGA 35-8-22 if you leave a agency does the employer have to pay back the schooling cost?

Cause under the FLSA if you were employed and getting paid hourly you’re not obligated to pay back the salary made

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Georgia on
Q: Closed on a home on 6/22 with Temporary Occupancy addendum for tenants to leave on 6/29. The contract was breach.

Seller and his agent lied on the MLS, at Closing and 6/30 was when the truth was revealed. Tenants decline to move out. Seller only provided his tenants with a verbal notice in May versus giving his tenants written notice of his intentions to sell the home. Tenants obtained an attorney and Seller... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Business Law for Georgia on
Q: What's the best way to purchase a dissolved company that has a property heading to foreclosure.

Located a property owner that is tied to a company that has dissolved. The agent/owner is not interested in the property and is willing to let it go to auction. From what I gather, I would need to step in as the owner of this property to secure an interest. I've never purchased a business and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Internet Law and Contracts for Georgia on
Q: Can an organizing refuse to remove my pictures from their social media and website even after I rescinded permission?

I signed a consent form giving an organization permission to use pictures on their social media and website. The form also states that I can rescind the agreement at anytime. I have since left the organization and rescinded this agreement by asking that my picture be removed from all social media... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Georgia on
Q: I have a medical loan from 2017 that I defaulted on due to mental illness. Is that considered medical debt?

The finance company was based out of TX but I am a GA resident.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Contracts for Georgia on
Q: Hello- My HOA has not held elections for 2 years, how can i demand an election.

My HOA hasn't held elections in 5 years. The by laws stated an election is to be held yearly. They have doubled the HOA fee from 75$ to 150$ and it only covers cutting the grass. They continue to send out non-compliance letters and fines to make expensive repairs to the exterior of the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Georgia on
Q: Who is responsible for any damage ? And who’s home insurance will have to foot the bill ?

I rent a home and a tree fell onto a neighbors car (no negligence)but by natural causes as it was thunderstorms the previous days and that night. They also parked in front of my home but technically that side of the street is public parking also.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 25, 2022

A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. If the homeowner carrier determines the claim is valid, they could be the primary source of coverage. If they assert any defenses upon a closer investigation, the auto policy could be an option, depending on its scope... Read more »

Q: Can i get an attorney to sue a record label for copies of my catalog & portfolio without a copy of my contract?

Well i signed a distribution deal with the label 80/20% cut and i own all Masters and music i created for 5 albums to be distributed over 5 years 2014 . i only have given And released 4/5 before i lost contact with them _ them = the label . i have had head trauma after signing to where i forgot... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 21, 2022

A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could continue to await a response, but there is a category here, Entertainment/Sports Law. You could try reposting and adding that as a category. There's no guarantee all posts are answered, but attorneys... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Family Law and Small Claims for Georgia on
Q: Can I file a case in small claims court if one parent will not split the medical cost?

I have a CS order that state medical cost are to be split 50/50. I am looking for a judgement for repayment.

Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
answered on May 2, 2022

You may be able to do that. Contact your local court to inquire about the process.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Georgia on
Q: How do I sign a travel permit that allow my child to travel but also hold them accountable due to negligence,if occured?

I have a travel permit form and after signed, it allows the company to take my child to and from field trips, however, it also excludes them from being held liable for any accidents or misfortunes while transporting. I want to signed it but also state if there is any negligence, yes, they will be... Read more »

Glenn M. Lyon
Glenn M. Lyon
answered on Mar 1, 2022

You would need to propose changes to the terms of the agreement and submit them to be either accepted or rejected by the travel entity.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Partner Financed vehicle, allowed me to make payments for 8 months. Without reason, came and reclaimed vehicle.

Refuses to return the vehicle and continue to deal, and refuses to give me any money back that have been paid into the vehicle. It was financed in their name. Verbal agreement on me keeping the vehicle and making payments.

Cory D. Raines
Cory D. Raines
answered on Feb 26, 2022

Since there is no written contract about the essential terms of you all's verbal agreement, then much more information will be needed to better answer your question. Whether there are any written communications (text messages, emails, etc.) that indicate an understanding between you all. I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Small Claims for Georgia on
Q: Can you take someone to small claims court if they didn't have the money a few years back but has it now

I have have copies of checks them out of jail was over a $1000.00

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Georgia on
Q: Can A living person be forced to enter into a contract

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.