Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Small Claims Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: i gave my dog to my sister in law. she told me in text messages i can have him back if i changed my mind but she said no

my sister in law texted me saying i can have him back if i change my mind, i changed my mind and now i’m blocked and she won’t give me him back what do i do?

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims and Civil Rights for Nevada on
Q: Should I get a lawyer if the employees of the Henderson jail did not follow proper procedure & almost died no medical.

All I can say that there is a lot more that happened. So please point me in the right direction of someone who has a moment to hear it. Thank you C

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 21, 2023

If the employees of the Henderson jail neglected proper procedures, resulting in a near-death incident without proper medical attention, it's vital to consult with an attorney specializing in civil rights or personal injury. Potential legal violations might include neglect, violation of the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Small Claims and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: If there is no Db limit in the laws of my community am I allowed to play loud music inside my house during the day?

There is no written Db limit or laws in my community/town regarding loud music inside someone’s home, however I am being harassed by police during the day by my neighbors for playing loud music inside my home as I am a professional musician working on my job. Do I have any options?

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 6, 2023

In Nevada, even if there isn't a specific decibel (Db) limit defined in local ordinances, there are usually general nuisance or disturbance laws that can apply. Being free from specific Db limits doesn't necessarily mean one can play music at any volume without potential consequences. If... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: Had Walmart do oil change car didn't start after they changed

Had to have car towed they unhooked battery took my key apart so fari have had to get new key change ring antenna are they responsible

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 6, 2023

It would be best to collect evidence of the incident, such as receipts, photographs, and any communication with Walmart, and consult with a personal injury attorney to assess your specific case and determine the appropriate legal recourse.

James L. Arrasmith

Founder and Chief Legal...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Business Law, Gaming and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: My hand was smashed extremely hard between two glass doors at a casino entrance. What's the right way to handle this?

Is there a liability on the casino I should be addressing since this may be an issue on something they should look into.

Thirty days later and my hand is still soar. Nobody there seemed to be of concern. I asked to speak to someone about it and I was asked rather rudly if I needed a... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 20, 2021

A Nevada attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. I'm sorry for your accident and injuries. At this point, you could reach out to attorneys in your area to discuss in further detail. Most attorneys who handle injury cases offer free initial consults. Good luck

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability, Identity Theft, Intellectual Property and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: Social Security Administration lost my passports when sending us back through USPS without insurance. Possible to claim?

I applied for my 3-yr old daughter's social security number for her health insurance. Because of Covid, SSA required us to submit the original copies of her and my passports at their office. Once my daughter was approved of the SSN, the SSA office sent us back the passports through uninsured... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 11, 2021

You should make a report to the post office. Take your copy of that report and make a claim to Social Security. They may want to you reapply for your daughter's passport so they have the copy of the bills. They say no, talk to your congressperson & Senators--each has a staff member to... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: I bought a mobile home from an individual That was parked in a mobile home park and a few weeks after I bought it

It was auctioned off because they owed back space rent can I press fraud charges on them in Nevada

Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
answered on Nov 18, 2020

For fraud or any other suit against the seller it will depend on your contract or agreement.

If you do not have a written contract or agreement then you can still file a case but it becomes a he said/ she argument that can be hard to prove.

To file a suit against someone you need to...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: What if he puts it under your name and receipt is uner your name

He took me to buy it and put it undername

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 15, 2020

It looks like something may have inadvertently gotten left off your question. You could try reposting. Do not include personal information. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims and Probate for Nevada on
Q: what are my rights to protect my kids, myself, my home from being harassed by my fiancées ex-wife and his mother?

My fiancée passed away Dec 1st. It was all over the news. Not even 12 hours of his death and his ex-wife, his mother and sister started threatening and harassing me. They are threatening to break into my home for his belongings so they can sell it and make a profit. They sure act like this man was... View More

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 9, 2020

I am truly sorry for your loss. What you are going through is tragic, and it is a terrible example of failure to plan, because I have to assume that your fiancee' did not have a will. If he had a will, it would have named you to receive everything if he died, of course, and nobody would be... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: Can I be compensated for pain from a fallen sprinkler head cover?

I was in a casino in Las Vegas and struck by a falling sprinkler head cover. It hit my arm so it's not a major injury, but after a night my arm is hurting badly. What kind of compensation can I ask for from the risk management?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 1, 2020

It's possible you could. Your post remains open for two weeks, so at this point, you might want to think about contacting an attorney to discuss your matter. There are Nevada attorneys on this site who handle these types of cases. You could contact one of them, or you could search for someone... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: Laws on broken ratchet straps and falling loads?

Accident caused by falling dryer due to broken ratchet strap

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Dec 1, 2019

In virtually any jurisdiction, the owner/operator of the vehicle from which the dryer fell would be liable for accidents caused by the dryer and its debris trail. In the event of strap/ratchet failure due to defect (and not ordinary wear and tear that should have been recognized by riggers or... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Lemon Law and Small Claims for Nevada on
Q: I sold my van as is and couldnt find the title. I was still looking its been 2 days the buyer wants his money back..

I made it completely clear it needed work. The buyer said over by where they live there are mechanics. I towed the van 22 miles for them. I just got a day off to look for this title. What to do?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.