Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Texas Foreclosure Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: Do debt judgements survive or remain attached to property after it's been foreclosed.

I'm concerned that if I buy the property at auction I will have to pay the debt stipulated on the judgement recorded on the property. The foreclosing instrument is a senior lien (Mortgage deed of trust) there are no other liens against the property other than the three credit card debt... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure and Medical Malpractice for Texas on
Q: I have a fiancee with a k1 visa. The recent pfizer doc dumps show the jab is unsafe. How do we dodge the shot?

*edit typed this one a phone this doesn't belong in foreclosure

Pfizer was required to release their documents related to their jabs, and they have declared that they have absolutely no idea how safe it is, and that lipid nano particles are accumulating in various organs, the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: Can an undocumented person with an expired temporary visa claim homestead rights not exemption in texas?

I have a customer that owes me money on a construction job. She has no homestead exemptions on the property. I am afraid that even though she has no rights for homestead exemption she might have rights for homestead being that she has lived there. She is not a citizen nor a permanent resident of... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Texas on
Q: Foreclosure of a property tax lien, ad velorum. Sheriff's deed conveys 9 acres of a 9.508 acre tract. Void?

The deed does not address an exception of the half acre. Can the sale be voided?

Purchaser is a forfeited entity.

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law and Foreclosure for Texas on
Q: Good afternoon I like to know , what should i do regarding my home foreclose.

I have a past due ( 3 years) mortgage and due to pandemic ( lost job and parents hospitalized) could not able to pay . I have tried several time to modify the past due also requested for payment option. each proposal they turn down and send me a demand letter for full past due . Now i received a... Read more »

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward answered on Apr 12, 2022

I have practiced in Texas and in Texas foreclosure is by "post and sell"--May 3 is the first Tuesday of the month which is foreclosure auction day. .That is contrasted to states like Florida where I practice now where is called a "Strict Foreclosure" state. That means that you... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Child Support for Texas on
Q: I had a property lien on my home unjust but the attorney general, even after the back pay was discontinued (no arrears)

They refused to remove the lien . The AG over charged me for child support, financially crippling me , I had to get property tax loans , this went on for 10 years .. My way out was to refinance my house , but because of this fraudulent lien I was unable to refinance.. I’ve gotten the run around... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Mar 21, 2022

What is your question?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: I was working with a company to save my house (christian Consultants of Texas). 10yrs ago my husband passed away.

The house would go to his children when they are old enough or we can sell. Financially things got bad. That's when I contacted Christian Consultants of Texas. So the process was started. Some employees came to the house and took pictures of inside and outside and another employee came by... Read more »

John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. answered on Feb 5, 2022

I am not sure what the question is.

If you want to reverse the transaction, you will have to sue, and fast. Fraud usually has a one-year statute of limitations within which you must sue the offending person or company.

Please go see a lawyer ASAP!

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: My house was foreclosed upon while I was under bankruptcy protection in 2004, is it too late to sue Ameriquest Mortgage?
Cristina M. Lipan
Cristina M. Lipan answered on Nov 3, 2021

The bank likely received an order from the court lifting the automatic stay to proceed with the foreclosure. This is not uncommon and they can do this for various reasons - no equity, no adequate assurance, you haven't been paying the mortgage post petition... etc. Take a look at your... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: I'll shorten down my question that I asked earlier should I file for a quit claim deed playing adverse poss or what?

I just want to be able to have a place to lay my head I don't need a lot I don't care if I have to go without electricity or water this is all I have left of my family is this house all my family's deceased I've either buried or cremated 98% of my family in the last 10 years I... Read more »

Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter answered on Aug 9, 2021

It sounds like you are having difficulty paying the mortgage and are trying to avoid foreclosure. A quit claim deed won't help in that situation (it doesn't even convey the land in Texas, and should virtually never be used).

An adverse possession claim is a way of acquiring...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: Home Deeded in one name and Mortgaged in another.

I recently discovered my single dad, whom has a mortgage, deeded the house to me and his name is no longer on the deed. He is still paying the mortgage. If he defaults on his loan can the bank foreclose on the house, or will any of this ruin my credit in any way? Would he be able to refinance or... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Apr 9, 2021

You have taken title subject to the mortgage. It is his debt as the notemaker, but the real property stands as secured collateral. The lender can always foreclose if the note is not paid or other terms are not met. It is not your debt.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Foreclosure and Probate for Texas on
Q: How to get my name on the deed to my dads house after his passing

My father and I had lived in this home since I was 6 years old. He got married in 2014 and he was renting to own the home. when the payments were completed they put the house in my step moms name and now my father has passed away. I called the tax office and they are not listing me or my brothers... Read more »

Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett answered on Mar 3, 2021

Hire a local probate attorney to file an application for succession.

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Foreclosure and Probate for Texas on
Q: Recently contacted by an agency regarding surplus funds from my deceased sister's property.

Are those agencies reputable? I'm her only surviving family member, both our parents are deceased. I find nothing noted in our County's surplus listings, nor state listings. How can I verify if there is actual funds? And, do I need to go through the agency who contacted me, or an attorney?

Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett answered on Dec 24, 2020

This is most likely a scam. If there were surplus funds from any source (even a utility deposit) they would, in good time, be deposited with the state comptroller. They could not be accessed until then.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Texas on

I dont understand this the more I send to clear title on mortgage loan the boa sends to clerks to submit against me and there adding to what is already documented! Bexar County Clerks are allowing add ons and extension, refinance documents to be added to records already there. How is this happening... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Dec 18, 2020

It appears that you need a competent Texas attorney to conduct a title search. Then with your belated Release, he should be able to discern how to properly clear your Title. The Release probably only affects some of your recorded instruments, and you may need more Releases.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Contracts and Foreclosure for Texas on
Q: What to do if a Judge is making me part of a case and I am not listed as party where it shows active and inactive party

I had a case in the court, but the person litigated in another court, and was awarded his request. I filed an appeal. Then had a TI schedule, in the TI one attorney post fraud. I filed for bankruptcy, the Judge in the BK ruptcy court heard the case and overturned the lower court finding. As it was... Read more »

Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter answered on Nov 23, 2020

Sorry, this is a complex fact situation which appears to involve at least 3 different matters. No helpful comments can be made without reviewing the status of the underlying cases. If there is currently a Motion for Summary Judgment filed against you in the Counterclaim, you need to make sure... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Foreclosure, Child Support and Probate for Texas on
Q: Any options to sue horriable father?

My uncle ended up racking up $27,000 worth of back taxes and so the bank foreclosed on the home and was no will accordingmy cousin whose father has passed away revieved a part of the money that was left after the taxes were paid and the rest was split between my father,uncle and cousin (whos father... Read more »

Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers answered on Nov 15, 2020

If your father sexually "molested" you as a child, you may be able to sue him for for sexual assault. This depends on how old you were when the molestation occurred and how old you are now. There are civil statutes of limitation on suits of this nature which may prevent your suing him for... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Foreclosure, Landlord - Tenant and Probate for Texas on
Q: My husband recently passed. I am not on the mortgage for the house. The bank is telling me I have 30 days to move. Help!
Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett answered on Sep 26, 2020

Are you on the deed? Have you filed to probate your husband's estate? Federal law prohibits a lender from foreclosing for six months after a court appoints someone to settle the estate.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Public Benefits for Texas on
Q: How do I get percentage commission without getting a realtor for the sale of a friend's home that I sold .

I did a friend a favor and I got a buyer for her home on a mortgage short sale.

Mortgage company guidelines state she needs a realtor to sell her home.

I am not a realtor or licensed .

Yet how do I go about it to get that 6% commission from mortgage company?

What... Read more »

Gregory Byrnes
Gregory Byrnes answered on Apr 29, 2020

I don't practice Texas law, however, you probably can't get a commission legally because you need to be licensed either as a real estate agent or broker. You could look into whether it is permissible to receive a finders fee in Texas:

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy and Foreclosure for Texas on
Q: my house is set for foreclosure 3/2/20, can you help file chapter 13 before 3/1/20?

I'm 3 months past due. Was making single payments in the last two months. CENLAR did not apply my payments to my mortgage. I found out 3 days ago.

I need to save my: 1) home, 2). car 3) furnishings 4) pay off credit cards and other debt

Monthly Net Income is $2700. Mortgage... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Feb 22, 2020

You can likely save those things by filing bankruptcy, but you need to contact your local bar association or legal aid society. They maintain a list of pro bono or reduced fee atttitneys.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law, Bankruptcy and Foreclosure for Texas on
Q: I bought a house from someone, but it was foreclosed before the closing date.

On 01-11-2020, I signed the contract with the owner, and the closing date is 02-14-2020. After the house is closed, someone send me a notice on 02-16-2020 that the property had been foreclosed on 02-04-2020, and their deed is recorded on 02-11-2020. Nobody sent me any notice before the closing... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Feb 22, 2020

The owners title police will protect you, although it will likely take a while to sort it out legally.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy and Foreclosure for Texas on
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jan 17, 2020

It means a judgment or order was set aside.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.