Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Texas Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Texas on
Q: Is there a way to ensure my spouse does not incur my medical debt upon death?

Been married 10 years. Have a house and 2 small children. Live in Harris county and have for over 3 years.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Texas on
Q: How do I remove parental rights in Texas?

Father has done some bad stuff to my child and child is seeing a counselor and tried to harm herself due to what happened to her

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Texas on
Q: have workers comp claim they accep'd but deny med care agreed to a QME reports 100% disabled still deny care sue i

I was injured filed workers comp claim they accepted claim, & all Drs I use they deny care, agreed to a QME & he reported I am definitely injured from work body parts are cervical spine lumbar spine shoulders heart & the percentages on my body parts equal 100%. I have paid for my own... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Texas on
Q: HVAC company technician goes into our bedrooms without our permission

I call an HVAC company to fix our furance (located upstairs) I explained we weren't home but I could remotely open to door so they can preform the work. We were almost home, When we arrive, the technician is laying in our bedroom on the bed with his feet propped up, BOOTS ON, everything. I... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Texas on
Q: Im alien and my wife has a green card. Can I get green card while she has residence? Should I wait till her citizenship?

My wife has a green card. Im interesting if im alien is any way to get residence or I have to wait untill her citizenship? If so, is it true that I can apply for residence in the same time when she will apply for citezenship? Thank you

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler answered on Jan 16, 2022

More information is needed. Are you in valid non-immigrant visa status? Or have you fallen out of status or has your stay expired?

There are also other issues that can complicate matters. I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Texas on
Q: Hello, im alien, gonna merry my supouse and she did not fill taxes for last 17 years, can I still get green card?
Adan Vega
Adan Vega answered on Jan 16, 2022

If your future spouse is a U.S.citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident, the FORM I-130 can be filed with USCIS by your spouse once you marry.

You can also file the FORM I-485 if your spouse is a U.S. citizen and you lawfully entered the U.S. and if you are otherwise not inadmissible....
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: Couple cohabited in TX, one not on deed abandoned belongings at property. After 1yr now wants those abandoned items.

Just want to know if that person who has now married another has any legal claim to the property left behind?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Texas on
Q: What do I do if my ex is constantly texting me vulgar messages after asking her to stop

Police won’t do anything, do I need to take her to court, will she have to pay for legal fees if I do? We have 2 kids together so we need to talk ANOUT THE KIDS but she is constantly tearing me down. SHe hates my girlfriend and talks bad about us to the kids.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Texas on
Q: I have cancer. Our PTO changed 2022. I asked HR what I had, emailed me 28+ days then days later zero. Made a mistake??

I live in LA and employer is in TX. I asked on phone call. After not hearing anything I sent an email asking if my PTO had been calculated. The answer was short and said you would have 229.52 hours or 28.69 days. Several days later the same person told me that I had none and the check I was getting... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Probate for Texas on
Q: My dad passed away and my brother is executive over the well and I think my brother is taking my dad's mone

That he left for us all what can I


0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law for Texas on
Q: What can I do legally for this potential fraud?

I have an issue with FedEx and Nationwide distributor. I feel like their tracking was not truthful. I received emails and contacted support for an item that was delayed. On Oct 12 I was told to wait on it as covid made them short staffed. I waited, and on Oct 14th I receive an email that it was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas on
Q: I am 15 yrs old. My mom lost rights to me about 10 years ago. Can I still choose to live with her?

My parents were divorced 11 years ago. my dad got full custody of my brother and me and want to move in with my mom now.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: Is there a protocol for evidence left out of discovery from defense attorney by prosecution

In a drug case the prosecution omitted the warrant for the gps device on my gf car she was pulled over for “ no plate on the front of vehicle “ but police said he was going to pull her over anyway ! But lied in the suppression hearing which she was denied ! He was instructed to pull her over by... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Texas on
Q: Working parents going through a divorce. How will child support be split between us?

I make approx $200k and she makes about $120k. We’ve been married 8 years and have two kids that we would like to share custody of. Are both parents liable to pay towards child support?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Estate Planning and Probate for Texas on
Q: I know in Arkansas there is no common law marriage honored. As a common law for 22 years (yes I know it doesn't matter

how many years) do I have any upper hands on an intastate insolvent probate procedure. ANY claims I can file, any upholds or stop preceures.

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Texas on
Q: NOL Carryback, re: 2014,2015 at statutory filing date, can 2015 carryback to 2014?

2014 statutory filing date, Oct 15 2018, filed.

2015 statutory filing date, Oct 15 2019, filed.

After the 2015 filing IRS purported late filing.

Fought and finally won the filing as "timely" then in Aug 2020

IRS said to split the NOL from Casualty and Theft... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Texas on
Q: Can a mobile home community dictate the color/ type of window blinds you have in your mobile home?

The original Rules and Regulations said window coverings must be commercially designed. Abou 1-1 1/2 yrs ago we put dark wood window shades to lower our electric bill and it was costly. We just received a 90 day notice to the community that an amendment had been made and they must be either white... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Texas on
Q: Can I sue a plasma donation center for this?

On November 15th 2021, I walked into a plasma donation center in College Station, Texas, the practice is very rushed, and nurses were going about their business about as fast as they could to get new patients in, I laid down in a bed, and they stuck me with the needle, almost immediately I felt... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: can I get a free lawyer for my son in custody charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon

my son is in jail for bond forfeiture charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon he did nor commit this crime has never been in trouble before

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.