Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Illinois Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Family Law for Illinois on
Q: I live in salem il and wanting to move out of state to indiana which is less then 2 hours away. Illinois taxes are going

Up and the state are in debt. He does pay child support through court but we never went for custody battle. Our daughter is 4 and 3 out of 4 years i was the only one paying bills and getting everything she needs. He never seen her but on holidays after i begged and begged him to spend time with... Read more »

Ray Choudhry
Ray Choudhry answered on Aug 13, 2017

Depends on how much involvement he's had.

Money part doesn't count because court told him how much to pay.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Traffic Tickets for Illinois on
Q: Does two tickets within two years start from the date you get your license or from the date of the first ticket you get
Brandon K. Davis
Brandon K. Davis answered on Jun 17, 2017

If you are referring to a driver's license suspension for drivers under 21 years old, it is two moving violation convictions within 24 months, which based on the date of issuance of the tickets.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Gov & Administrative Law and Traffic Tickets for Illinois on
Q: I have court in a couple days for driving without license and car insurance

They asked me to bring proof of insurance and get a drivers license before court but I haven't had the time to get my drivers license what can I do or what would they do ?

Charles Candiano
Charles Candiano answered on Apr 19, 2017

I'm guessing you received a ticket for driving without a license and no insurance. MANY judges/State's Attorneys will go easy on you if you bring yourself into compliance because that's the whole point. If you haven't bothered to bring yourself into compliance, you will likely... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Workers' Compensation and Gov & Administrative Law for Illinois on
Q: Can I sue Illinois WC commission if commissioners staff attorney father worked at employers law firm. Conflict.

Commissioners staff attorney who's initials appear on judgment, individuals father was a partner at law firm which represented company I was hurt at. This should be a conflict of interest and individual should have recused themself. Have written to board and they are trying to cover it up.... Read more »

Charles Candiano
Charles Candiano answered on Mar 30, 2017

Your facts are a bit confused. It is absolutely true that an interested party should recuse herself. That said, irrespective of whatever conflict, you won at Arbitration so you cannot claim any harm or injury.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Illinois on
Q: how many times can I flight out of the state with my son with his father permission?

so I was in mexico for 9 months with my son I leaved on march 4 2016 and I came back on December 1 2016 and now on the 30th of December am going back to mexico with my son with his father permission signed would I have a problem going back to mexico?

Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell answered on Dec 29, 2016

As long as the father agrees, no one else cares.

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law, Entertainment / Sports and Gov & Administrative Law for Illinois on
Q: What permits would I need to be able to use abandon buildings for my business?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 28, 2015

Find out from the city government.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.