Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Carolina Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Gov & Administrative Law and Probate for North Carolina on
Q: Our 100+ yrs old family cemetery is kept by our assoc. What are rights re sale of property it's on?

We have a nonprofit family association. Land doesn't have deed. Widow of property wants to sell. What are our rights? Cemetery is in NC

Ben Corcoran
Ben Corcoran answered on Mar 28, 2022

Without reviewing the documents, I couldn't advise you on your options. Please contact a local lawyer to the property and have them review all the documents and give you a full legal opinion.

Q: Husband picked up from store. do evaluation a year ago. He was found to not be harmful to himself or others. Supposed to

Have been sent back to sending district but instead sent somewhere else for another evaluation. His due process rights are being violated. He’s had covid and treated unfairly. beaten Been sent all over the place this last year. It’s been pure hell for him. We are married and have been together... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 28, 2021

Contact the North Carolina Civil Liberties Union. Ask for the names of their "cooperating attorneys" on civil commitement issues. They give free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for North Carolina on
Q: After you obtain disability attorney, Is there anything they can't tell you by law?

I've asked couple of questions that my attorney will not answer. I'm in North Carolina,my disability case is very important to me. Example of 1 my questions- Do I need to get my current Dr to write a letter or fill out any paperwork for my upcoming disability hearing?

Attorney- I... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 22, 2020

It would be best if a North Carolina attorney advised you, but you await a response for four weeks, and the whole matter may be moot by now if you already had the hearing you mention. But as a general matter, attorneys should be able to share information with clients - their role essentially makes... Read more »

Q: Is our court actually considered a tribunal as in Admiralty law. The judge, DA and the prosecutor?

As a sovereign we have the jurisdiction over the land of the United States of America. What is the difference between a STRAWMAN and a Human Being.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 16, 2019

People use the terms loosely, but U.S. Constitution grants U.S. Courts authority to hear admiralty cases in Section 2 of Article III. In terms of maritime prosecutions, it is common for them to sometimes be handled jointly between the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Coast Guard, depending on... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: Ive reason to believe fiance is involved in ficticuous lawsuit vs Bedford, Bedford County, VA along w his ex. Ive ??

What do I do? Who do i contact?

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on Apr 11, 2018

If by fictitious, you mean that he is lying to you about whether there is a lawsuit, that is pretty easy to check these days. Most courts have their dockets on line indexed by party names.

If you mean that an existing suit is a fraud, I’m sure the Commonwealth Attorney in the county...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and Military Law for North Carolina on
Q: My pov was taken as well as the key, and was dammaged 500+ in damages, pictures of mistreatment. Can he take it?

My gunny took my “POV” ( motorcycle) and had it sitting out for months and through the weather, it’s faded the fairings, rusted sprockets , rusted chain, rusted kickstand, battery is busted, front tire flat, was vandalized ( brake lever broken off, and clutch lever broken and bent, (... Read more »

Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody answered on Mar 1, 2018

You can file a claim under the UCMJ or under federal law. Go see the base legal assistance/claims office. You can also file an 1150 complaint against the gunny.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law, Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can I be tape recorded buy a diaper bag in my home during visitation?

I live in North Carolina. It was just me and my son there.

Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson answered on Dec 29, 2017

Diaper bags do not record anything but if you are referring to a recording device placed or concealed in the diaper bag - then obviously, yes.. But it is likely the real question you want to ask isn't whether you can be recorded by a device in a diaper bag but rather whether such a recording... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Military Law for North Carolina on
Q: I was wondering if an Enlisted Marine could date an officer of another branch (Army).

No preexisting relationship. Zero Possibility of being in the same command. Could this be prosecuted or punished as Fraternization?

Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody answered on Jun 28, 2017

Zero chance of it being legal (for either of you) - sorry! This would violate various regulations and the UCMJ. Unduly familiar relationship b/n officers and enlisted is prohibited, no exceptions.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can international law enforcement set up a sting operation on a wire scam pick up?

I recently fell victim to an online dating/wire scam. I contacted my local authorities to file a police report and Western Union to file a fraud report. I have no legitimate address, phone number, or name to track the perpetrator. Is it possible for international law enforcement to set up a sting... Read more »

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on Jun 7, 2017

You are asking the wrong people. This is a board for legal questions. You are asking a law enforcement question. Contact the police.

But, I will tell you that on-line scams are very interesting to the FBI. The problem is that the email locations are often untraceable and land someplace...
Read more »

Q: If I missed court in Columbus county for I citation for driving without a license and paraphernalia. How can I fix it ?

If I missed the court date twice before this and I turn myself in and bond out each time. What will happen ? I have my car now to make it. What's a good estimate of what I'll be charged to get someone to get the warrant cleared up and get a new court date ?

Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson answered on Jun 5, 2017

Hire a local attorney ASAP or you will likely get arrested.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for North Carolina on
Q: My hearing was on June 28, the decision letter writers have my decision, how long will it be before I receive a letter?

The judge made a decision not even a week after my hearing,is that a good thing?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 4, 2016

If its social security or similar it can take a while--no particular reason.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.