Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Oklahoma Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma on

Q: 17 turn 18 in 2 months want to move to another state without parents permission

I’m 17 and I turn 18 in 2 months and there’s a lot of family problems and I want to move to puerto Rico with a family friend without my moms permission, if my mom files me as a runway what would happen to me.

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Nov 30, 2017

You possibly could be picked up as a "Runaway Juvenile" in your new home, before you turn 18, BUT, a good lawyer there could probably prevent them returning you to your home. AND, considering everything, and you being almost 18, I seriously doubt if this would happen. Also, to return you, they... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Traffic Tickets for Oklahoma on

Q: In the state of Oklahoma, is It still completely legal to ride in the bed of a pickup on the streets.

If the passenger compartment of the vehicle is full. Or if you just want To hang with the guys and have a good time.

Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 30, 2017

I believe the requirement is stated that passengers shall wear seat belts. If your pick up has seat belts, perhaps you may ride in the back.

The good time ends if there's a roll or tip and the guys end up with ejection type injuries.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Traffic Tickets for Oklahoma on

Q: Citation for Driving without Valid license in Edmond, Oklahoma what will I be facing ?

I have never had my permit and or license but I am working on getting it before the court date next month. My citation was for driving without a valid license, the officer gave me a Warning along with the citation stating my court date. I’m ordered to pay $150 dollars on or before the court date,... Read more »

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Nov 28, 2017

By all means, get your license before the court date. If you need a little additional time, call the Court Clerk and ask to continue the case to another date, and explain why you want this.

When you appear in Court with your new license, show it to the prosecutor and judge. Chances are...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Traffic Tickets for Oklahoma on

Q: Hi I was cited for not having a valid drivers license w/ warning and I have a court date next month. My fine is $150

My question is will I go to jail for this? Almost everyone said to get license BEFORE court date, and pay fine before hand, I even called the court house and asked if I were to face jail time and it was a No, please help has this ever happened? Would I need a lawyer?

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Nov 14, 2017

No, you don't need a lawyer, and won't go to jail. Get your license if you can before then. Go, and explain to the judge what happened. There's a good chance the judge may even dismiss the case. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Oklahoma on

Q: Cited with warning and citation for $150 with court date next month am I going to jail for this?

I was practicing for my drivers test got pulled over with a license driver in car with me and had insurance on the car. The cop gave me a warning and a court date for next month, I’ve asked people if I’m going to be put in jail and they say no just get license BEFORE the date and to also pay... Read more »

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Nov 14, 2017

I don't understand what you got the ticket for. A "Warning" ticket doesn't require a fine, or court date. Take a good close look at the ticket, and ask your question again.

Sorry I can't help more.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Oklahoma on

Q: How long can a county keep an inmate on hold for another county with warrants and in same state

An inmate in 1 county in oklahoma was released on a pr bond 4 weeks ago but he's still in jail and still on hold for another county in oklahoma. It's been 3 or 4 weeks now and still sitting

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Oct 30, 2017

Generally 30 days is long enough. He should ask to see the Judge in his case, and request to be released. His best bet is to hire a lawyer for his case to help him with both issues.

Please visit my website and Subscribe for updates on Oklahoma Law.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Oklahoma on

Q: what legal right does a judge have in ordering I can't do? like i am not allowed to drive my kids due to a wreck.

the wreck was an accident and no laws were broken.. there is so many more instances and would like to know how much power the have..

Pete David Louden answered on Oct 27, 2017

The court has the power to make orders that the court determines to be in the best interest of the children. Best bet is get an attorney if you don't already have one.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Oklahoma on

Q: If only husband is listed on a nonhomestead deed, does wife have to sign when husband is conveying deed to a grantee?

This is a special warranty deed, on a 40 acre piece of vacant land.

Richard Winblad answered on Oct 22, 2017

Technically no if it was inherited or property owned before the marriage. However, a title company or good attorney would want the spouse to join in the deed to remove any possibility of a homestead, joint industry, or other claim in the future.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Oklahoma on

Q: I wasn't home and a cop came into my home treating my minor child telling him he would take him to jail if he did move.

They had no warrant and looking for a minor child my son knows. Our they allowed to do this? They are also city cops and I live in the county

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Sep 30, 2017

No, they should not have entered your home, nor threatened your child. They however did have the right to ask your son about the other boy.

Please visit my website,, and subscribe to receive updates on Oklahoma law.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Estate Planning for Oklahoma on

Q: how can I find which branch of state court has jurisdiction over power of attorney (Oklahoma)

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Aug 25, 2017

No Oklahoma court has "Jurisdiction" unless some type of case is filed regarding it.

You may want to clarify your question to state what you're trying to accomplish.

Please visit my website at, and Subscribe on Home Page, to get law updates. Thanks

Q: Changes to OK §21-1713 (KNWNGLY CONC STLN PRPTY) on July.01.2017?

The laws change due to State-Question 780 in OK on July 01, 2017 and it takes the valuations in 21 o.s. 1713 (KNOWNGLY CONC STLN PROP) up to $1000.00 for classification as a Felony. Below $1.00 to $999.99 of value should be classified as a Misdemeanor correct? Also, if one was charged in the year... Read more »

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Jun 26, 2017

Changes in the law are not retroactive unless the statute specifically states that the law is retroactive. This means that if the crime is classified as a felony at the time it was committed the crime is still a felony even if committed today it would have been a misdemeanor.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for Oklahoma on

Q: This is on a federal level. Is it legal in the United States to steal information from foreign governments?

I was considering a more lucrative line of work but I wanted to 'look before I leap', so to speak, so I don't end up committing a crime or something.

Richard Sternberg answered on Jun 8, 2017

I need much more information to answer your question, but countries have been stealing from other countries at least since Queen Elizabeth I issued letters of marque to Sir Francis Drake. Since those letters of marque, few countries have admitted giving a license to steal, and the US is a signatory... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Social Security for Oklahoma on

Q: Is there any kind of question a judge or lawyer can ask you

SSA hearing

Robert Donald Gifford II answered on Mar 24, 2017

The questions must be relevant and related to what the court must make as a finding. Some questions are designed to ensure that there is no fraud, and also to make a record in the event there is a denial.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and Personal Injury for Oklahoma on

Q: If 1prisoner is found w/drugs in fed.Prison can the warden punish the entire prison pop. by taking away all privileges?

A new warden has issued a memo that all privileges ie. Phone,email,yard,weights,visit commissary...for the ENTIRE prison if drugs are found on one person or in a common area... even if a prisoner was no where near the area or didn't know the person... is there a supreme Court ruling on community... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 8, 2017

Best source would be the ACLU prison project. Question I'd have is have you seen this or just heard this. NOrmally it would be a violation of federal Bureau of Prisons policy but that may have changed. Again check with ACLU prison project or similar project for the Oklahoma Civil Liberites Union.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.