Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wisconsin Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Traffic Tickets and Land Use & Zoning for Wisconsin on
Q: If there is no sidewalk, are pedestrians allowed to walk in the public right-of-way of a local road?

We live on a busy rural road, so I told my kid to walk closer to the property lines. One neighbor complained, saying my kid should stay on the gravel shoulder. Can my kid get in trouble for walking outside the improved road area?

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Gov & Administrative Law, Identity Theft and Criminal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: State vs ex to court for unpaid support for 3 children. He just stole from her EPPIC card

The State is taking my daughter's ex boyfriend to court for unpaid child support for their 3 young children. He owes > 15K.

Daughter just discovered he stole and used her EPPIC card and spent $600 on Bitcoin. (She filed a police report). He stole her identity 18 months ago, along... Read more »

Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
answered on Dec 20, 2020

The matter with the credit card is a civil matter, not a child support matter. These are independent actions. The State has filed an action to require him to pay support and arrears. If he has failed to pay for a sufficient length of time and the Child Support Enforcement has run out of options... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Hi is there a statue of limitations on appealing a general court martial
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 2, 2020

You should repost your question in the Military Law category. You're asking about something which is outside normal civilian appellate practice. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Public Benefits and Family Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Just clarifying that if my dad loses his assistance thru inclusa as per STATE STATUTE 55.02(2) and SINCE HE IS in prote

SINCE HE IS IN PROTECTIVE PLACEMENT that according to the statute he is to be taken care of by the county and or state funding. In the least restrictive place. ( he is in assisted living can from nursing home ) he is totally self dependent and does not need nursing home care. I am worried that... Read more »

Brady R. Henderson
Brady R. Henderson
answered on Mar 18, 2019

Both Wisconsin law and federal law provide a right for a person being cared for due to a disability to be given the least restrictive placement. Sometimes court battles arise because that person, the person's guardian or family and the state disagree as to what placement is required. If you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Wisconsin on
Q: How to get Driver's License extension when on STEM-OPT pending?

Currently on OPT-EAD (Expired in October 2018). Applied for STEM-OPT extension in September 2018. Recently moved to Madison,WI. Out-of-state driver's license expiring in December. Local DMV rejected to renew my driver's license with I-797C Notice of Action(Receipt). Need to commute daily... Read more »

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
answered on Dec 28, 2018

Some of these issues are best considered before a job or internship is accepted in a less immigrant friendly state like Wisconsin. I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney to consider all of your options. Good luck.

The above is general...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Wisconsin on
Q: What can be done about a detective harassing me and my fiance.He's assuming and doing everything he can to get my fian

On anything he raided my home when I was at work didn't find anything but some marajiuana he didn't care about was looking for hard drugs. And that upset him cause he really thought he would find hard drugs. After harrasing me at gas station when I went to get boss energy drink.( Yelling... Read more »

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jun 30, 2018

He has an attorney. He should be discussing this with his attorney.

If he does not like his attorney's advice, then retain a different one.

There are too many issues and facts to ascertain to provide a perfunctory answer on this site.

Further, it is public and open for...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Gov & Administrative Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Can a monetary tort claim be amended even if I've filed my lawsuit already and I discovered new evidence to ask for more

Put a monetary amount in my tort claim while in prison. Got out hired a lawyer and filed lawsuit and now realizing I need to ask for more money because I didn't no my limitations of my injuries while in jail. Once out its a lot I can't do. Can't drive can't work need full time... Read more »

Robert D. Kreisman
Robert D. Kreisman
answered on Jun 14, 2018

In most jurisdictions a complaint may be amended anytime up through judgment as long the amendment conforms to the proofs. In your situation depending on your state's procedural law, I think it would be routine to amend your complaint to raise the ad damnum (or the claim for damages) that are... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Can a warrant for arrest be issued for a property code violation in Wisconsin?

In early 2016 unknown to me I was issued a citation (apparently mailed to me) for peeling paint on my windows. Early this month I called police for a car accident I was involved in municipality B. After running my driver's license, the police officer told me I had a warrant for my arrest due... Read more »

William F Sulton Esq.
William F Sulton Esq.
answered on Jan 23, 2018

Municipalities issue arrest warrants when fines are not paid. That is legal in Wisconsin and many other States.

Q: Misrepresentation

The bank ordered an appraisal of the home we purchased a few months ago and it appraised higher than the asking price. We purchased in Janesville.

We have an emergency and we needed to borrow against our homes equity and we had our home appraised. The appraisal can in much lower than we... Read more »

William F Sulton Esq.
William F Sulton Esq.
answered on Dec 1, 2017

More information is needed to evaluate the facts in your inquiry. Appraisals are subjective. So it is unsurprising there are different opinions about the value of the home. This is not fraud (misrepresentation is a synonym). It may be negligence. More information is needed to see how negligent the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Wisconsin on
Q: What does the wisconsin statue 178 state?
William F Sulton Esq.
William F Sulton Esq.
answered on Sep 6, 2017

This is a link to Chapter 178 of the Wisconsin Statutes:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.