Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Arbitration / Mediation Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kentucky Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Kentucky on
Q: Can a recently divorced husband draw up contractual paperwork with a lawyer that the wife "fired" (Kentucky)?

He is recently divorced. She fired the lawyer before finalizing their divorce, but he went to that lawyer post-divorce to ensure his rights as a father in Kentucky were being followed by both parties. She refuses to sign any paperwork from this lawyer because she claims "conflict of interest".

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 29, 2024

It is a conflict and the lawyer could be disqualified.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Probate for Kentucky on
Q: A house was never transferred on parents death (10+ years ago) to the children. What is required to make that happen

Esp if some children have passed and the remaining do not agree? What needs to happen to transfer the deed out of the parents name?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 15, 2023

You will have to open or reopen probate and get appointed as executrix or administrator of their estates so you can execute a new deed.

Q: If I was punished twice for 1 crime (double jeopardy), can I get compensated?

I severed almost 5 years on a 23 year sentence, won my appeal and it went back to circuit Court. I accepted a lesser charge for 3 years and it was marked as time served. But I was also made to do 3 years probation and recently was released without incident. Found papers that every day should have... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jan 10, 2022

No. There is no compensable injury.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Family Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Kentucky on
Q: What are my rights in an estate settlement if my parent chooses not to have a written will and I have a brother?

I "exclusively in my name" own my own doublewide home that is currently located on the land my parents own. My home is located on a lot of land directly adjacent to my deceased fathers garage "roughly 4 feet away wall to wall", whereas my mother lives in her home on the opposite... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Oct 15, 2021

You each get 1/2 under the Kentucky intestacy statutes.

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Kentucky on
Q: Late September earlyOctober 2020 I noticed my neighbor's property up for sale by owner Had a verbal agreement

Purchase a home and offered asking price if the seller agreed to close before the end of the year

Seller agreed no less then 3verbally ie phone 4 in person seller remove the for sale sign from the yard only to change their mind and not sell to me

don't know if there's... View More

Jerome P. Prather
Jerome P. Prather pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 30, 2021

Under Kentucky law, contracts for the sale of real estate generally must be in writing before they can be enforced. KRS 371.010. A lawyer may be able to help you with your specific situation.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Employment Discrimination for Kentucky on
Q: What is the statute of limitations for initiating employment arbitration in the State of Kentucky Boone County please?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Nov 23, 2019

It depends on the issues in question. There is no exclusive right to arbitration in employment unless it is contractual.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Insurance Bad Faith for Kentucky on
Q: can state Farm deny my renters insurance claim if it's the second one I've filed in 5 months? I am having problems with

the neighbors. I have reported them to the police and I did not keep this fact from the insurance. the first claim was a fire, they covered the loss. now it's braking and entering and the siu is hassling me.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Sep 30, 2019

They should not deny your claim if it is a covered event, whether it has been five months or five years since the last claim.

2 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Consumer Law and Small Claims for Kentucky on
Q: Should I accept a $2k settlement or proceed to arbitration in a substandard bathroom remodel complaint against Lowe’s?

I purchased products and contracted with Lowe’s to remodel 2 bathrooms. I signed a contract that stated the length of the project was “TBD” and was verbally told 4-5 weeks. The contractor was unprofessional and did substandard work and I asked that he be removed from the job after 8 weeks.... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 17, 2019

If you have all your proof together, I’d arbitrate.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Admiralty / Maritime and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Kentucky on
Q: in krs 355.2-309 absence of specific time provisions.. What is considered reasonable time? 1,2 4 weeks? 30 days?

created contract to provide signage to a client, I being the designer, creator and Installer, I would purchase the materials needed to do so and construct and then install, had set a date on one part of estimate, however states "this is an estimate on the goods named and subject to change if... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Feb 23, 2019

Reasonable I’d determined the the facts and circumstances surrounding the issue. It could be 30, 60, even 90 days. Bottom line, if you refund the money, they will likely dismiss the charge.

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Custody and Divorce for Kentucky on
Q: I filed paper work for a divorce. Waited 60 days, and have a court date. Got mail saying it was denied. What do I do?
Mr. Joseph T Ireland
Mr. Joseph T Ireland
answered on May 22, 2017

You may want to consider hiring an attorney. If you have tried to do it yourself and you weren't able to get it done, there is probably something you are not doing correctly and it must be fixed before the court will grant your divorce/dissolution.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.