Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Family Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Adoption for Arkansas on
Q: How does a bio father get copy of the adoption decree after his kids were adopted by their step father?

The county clerk refused as he is not a “party” to the case. Child support requires decree to stop child support which he has continued to pay for 10 months.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Arkansas on
Q: My rights were terminated Aug1 2018. I would love to be a part of my children’s lives

I have all the proof you need in black-and-white of my caseworkers, misconduct and fair to follow procedure. I was never given the right to do process my civil rights for violated, and I was never charged with neglect, but yet they took my babies for me, but can’t tell me how or why they took... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: i need a citation for child custody to get an in camera hearing for my two children.

i need a citation of state statue of state or rule for the state of Arkansas. I'll I need is a judge to schedule to hear the children 17 and 14. they want to speak but not in court in front of their father.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: what type of drug test can the petitioning lawyer request during a child custody case?

The father of my children has requested a dna and drug test and is trying to gain custody of my children. He has asked that a hair folicle test be done within 24 hours of me recieving the papers. It also states that if Ido not take me and my children to a particular establishment to get the DNA and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can My Partner Adopt my 3 year old child?

My son 3 Biological father has not signed the birth certificate and doesn’t acknowledge the child. I have attempted to reach out several times to him so he can establish paternity and he refuses. I also do not receive Child support from his father. My second son father wants to adopt within the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: If you move out of AR for a job, but live with your finance can you modify your 50/50 custody agreement?

Will the cohabitation clause prevent you from modifying your custody agreement in Court if you now live 5 hours away for employment and can’t uphold the current agreement? We spoke with an attorney who said we can’t go back to Court unless we are married or live separate. There is nothing in... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arkansas on
Q: Kids mom had them in Georgia and dhs called had to go get them now she want to my daughter to Denver in 7 day can she

She said that she has no choice and we can't stop her

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Arkansas on
Q: I have filed a petition for custody and had the defendant served.. I need to get a court date.. I'm told to request it

Request it with the judge. How do I do this. It's for union county Arkansas

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: What are the steps I need to take in order to give my friends temp guardian shop over my kids IF I go to jail

But I DO NOT. Want to go though the courts

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can I give grandparent POA over my minor child if I have legal and physical custody without the NCP having a say?

NCP does has visions but has not used it for the past 4 years. The NCP does pay child support through child support office. Can I give grandparent POA over my minor child if I have legal and physical custody without the NCP having a say in if I can let my child live with their grandparents?

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Divorce, Family Law and Foreclosure for Arkansas on
Q: Howdo I get a dismissed petition chapter13 bankruptcy removed frm my credit report if the filing information wasn't mine

I need help in regards a chapter 13 bankruptcy that all the debts were in ex spouses name but they filed it in my name. Hes Scott free and now they are foreclosing, and I'm still co borrower on the mortgage. How can I do I fix this for my future. Divorce is pending.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 10, 2023

Contact all three credit bureaus and advise them of the error and provide them with the documentation necessary to correct it. Usually takes about 30-45 days to get corrected.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Banking and Communications Law for Arkansas on
Q: I need all "affairs" or like connections making me sad removed from existence. And along with my instant remorts arrest

I unlimited funds for our beings happiness in all ways of existing and nobody to tell us about dirty secrets of ppl we thought we'd want to know while still in a torture war zone. 7765 Kerr station road Cabot AR 72023. And I'm a aprinceass. Minden tharp is huge guilty. Anybody who ever... Read more »

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 2, 2023

I'm sorry, but I'm having difficulty understanding your request. It's not clear what specific action you want to be taken or what problem you're trying to solve. It's important to communicate your concerns and requests clearly and respectfully. It's also important to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law and Immigration Law for Arkansas on
Q: If IAM born from bad country but my family from London have passport britsh how can l get passport britsh with out help

My father in the past have family on another country ,then second family from London .IAM on first family son of my Dad bcoz iwant britsh passport to job and stady

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 25, 2023

If you were not born in the UK and do not have British citizenship, you will need to go through the proper channels to obtain a British passport. The fact that your father's second family has British passports does not automatically entitle you to one.

To obtain a British passport, you...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: I am the primary parent and This was my year to have my child Xmas so I got her from the time school was out until 5/pm

Xmas day and then her dad got her form xmas at 5 til Monday Jan 2 nd 5:pm now he is saying it is weekend coming up I told him no that it’s mine am I wrong

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jan 4, 2023

This weekend is the first weekend of January. Your parenting plan likely addresses who has possession of the child using language like “1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends of each month.” So you have to read your court order to see who has the child on the 1st weekend of the month.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Elder Law and Probate for Arkansas on
Q: Does a financial POA cease after death? If Will created 12 yrs prior to POA anything in POA supercede it

Will was created with a trust to be established and a bank named as trustee due to possible mental capabilities of only child. However full financial POA was given to only child 12 years after said will was created but never introduced to the courts. POA was registered with circuit court clerk... Read more »

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
answered on Apr 1, 2022

It is not possible to give you definitive answers without reviewing the actual instruments to which you refer. Sometimes people mischaracterize documents because they do not understand what they actually are.

As a general rule, however, POAs expire at the death of the principal, and...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: In December of 2021, my child’s father and I were doing a drop off. During which..

I asked him why he was not answering any of my calls/text regarding our child. He decided to flip the switch and play victim. “I don’t have to speak to you.” Okay but we have a child together. There is no reason for us to be bitter and fight. The conversation turned bitter and he finally... Read more »

Richard W. Noel
Richard W. Noel
answered on Mar 12, 2022

Yes. At the end of the day, it's up to the prosecutor whether charges against you proceed. A victim's wishes are only part of the equation. You're also admitting to assaulting the victim on a public website. Not recommended. I do suggest you speak with an attorney in your area who... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Arkansas on
Q: i was involved in a 15 mile police chase well i wrecked and i was wanting to no if the officer did the right thing

i wrecked while involved in a police chase well the officer didn’t bother to help my wife and kids that was in the truck was he supposed to detain me and then tend to them cause he didn’t and was he supposed to have my daughter turn the truck off… was the officer in the right to continue to... Read more »

W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
answered on Jan 27, 2022

Even if the officer violated laws that you’re complaining about it doesn’t help you in your criminal case.

Does that answer your question?

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can I adopt my granddaughter that I have full permanent court ordered custody of and what do I have to do?

I had temporary custody for a couple months and then was given permanent by a judge. I have had custody almost 5 years now.

Dustin A. Duke
Dustin A. Duke
answered on Aug 7, 2021

It would depend on the facts of your case. Was the custody order out of a juvenile case? Were the parents awarded any visitation? Have they been visiting with your granddaughter? Have they been paying you child support? If the parents haven't had any relationship with your granddaughter... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can primary custodian keep child away from other parent when they are grounded?
Joshua W. Bugeja Esq.
Joshua W. Bugeja Esq.
answered on Jun 2, 2021

Generally speaking, visitation and child punishment are entirely separate issues (though they may seem related). One public policy consideration is that, as a society, we don't want parents effectively penalized due to a child's bad behavior and we don't want child punishment... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.