Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Business Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If an employee starts paying themselves $40,000 more for salary without boss’ knowledge, what can they be charged with?

My ex husband was in charge of financials at a company. He began paying himself more. I want to expose him.

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How can I prove kinship so I can order my 2nd cousins death certificate?

12 years ago, my second cousin co-signed an auto loan for me. The truck was repo’d and I never heard anything about the sale until recently when I received a check via USPS, issued payable to my 2nd cousin and me. Jan 30, 2018 my cousin died. I tried to order death certificate and vital... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Employment Discrimination and Sexual Harassment for Oklahoma on
Q: I quit my job at a hotel, an extended stayoften he is now telling me that even though I have lived here for a year, that

I clip for safety reasons and for moral reasons. He was assaulting me. now he says I have to leave and I have to move out on the street because I've lived at the hotel for over a year Can he do that?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Employment Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can your employer require you to use your personal vehicle for business purposes?

My employer is requiring me to use my personal vehicle for work purposes. They are reimbursing mileage, so that is not the issue. The problem is that they would like me to transport computer equipment from one location to another. According to my auto insurance, their equipment I am transporting... View More

Stanislav Kshevitskii
Stanislav Kshevitskii
answered on Feb 16, 2023

If the obligations for the transportation of equipment are not included in your employment contract, then the employer cannot force you to do it. I would recommend you to conclude an additional agreement with the employer in which to prescribe all the conditions and responsibilities for the... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Business Law and International Law for Oklahoma on
Q: is there is any treaties or agreement in Enforcment of civil judgment between country of Jordan and state of Oklahoma.

default civil judgment final (partnership dispute) was taken default judgment and final judgment they are trying to enforce it in the country of the Hashimi kingdom of Jordan, it states level in Oklahoma only not a ferdral case. its ciil .. is there is any law will allow that. and dos state... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Dec 10, 2022

You asked a question right up my alley!

The U. S. has no recognition of JUDGMENTS conventions with any other country, not even our next door neighbors Canada and Mexico. States of the U. S. do not get engaged in

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Business Law and Civil Rights for Oklahoma on
Q: Is there a website, book, or other source accessible to the public where I can read all of the Oklahoma Laws?

I ask in order to know laws that do/ do not apply to me.

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 25, 2022

There are a few. The Oklahoma Judicial Branch has a website that has all of the Oklahoma Statutes, Constitution, Session Laws, and more. Go to and click the link for "Legal Research" and then click on "statutes" or "Oklahoma Statutes Citationized" From... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law and International Law for Oklahoma on
Q: exact rolls of what makes limited Partership agreement valued in state of Ok. can final judgment be inforce in jordan

defult judgment was taken civile partnership agreement. final judgment was taken as defulat jusdment with out my knoldge. now they are tryig to enforce the civil judgment in the country of jordn since i resid i jordan over seing the project.

os thier is an agreement of both vout state of... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Sep 23, 2022

I cannot answer your question about the basis for the default because I can't examine the court file. Default judgments are taken without the knowledge of the defendant (you), hence the term.

There is no treaty between the U. S. and the Kingdom of Jordan for the recognition of...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it required in oklahoma for bussinesses to take cash in their stores? And is it required they post it if they dont

I am curious if it is legal for ok. Stores to refuse cash on ordered goods when you pick them up when the business has nothing posted?

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Jun 22, 2022

In Oklahoma businesses can take any legal form of payment they desire. If they do not take cash, there are reasons they chose not to, such as a fear of theft, counterfeiting, germs transferred through money, etc... Posting is not required. Your recourse is to not accept the item and go... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can an employer apply for an employee's liquor license in Oklahoma?
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Jun 13, 2022

The actual employee is the one submitting the application because it officially is the license of that individual. The business can pay for it, and technically, the business can assist the person in filling it out if the person is computer challenged, however the person would still be present... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Business Law and Tax Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Trustee in ch 7, Oklahoma, objects to solo 401k and related business is not legitimate, Roth ira transfers not exempt

I opened a Solo 401k under a llc I setup and have had little income . I transferred my IRA and Roth IRA finds to my new 401k. Three months later I had to file chapter 7. The trustee has said that my business is not legitimate, he gives no support of this, but I am scheduled for a 2004 deposition,... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 9, 2022

What is your question?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I want to change my name virtually mostly for biz purposes. Can I do a DBA as a person?

I want to change my name but avoid expense & hassle. I live virtually so I want to do it virtually. I've been going by an assumed name on social media. Then I came up with a biz name for the assumed name. I just did a DBA in my legal name for the biz name that matches my assumed name.... View More

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Mar 2, 2022

There are some specifics for name changes however there is some looseness to these that can sometimes be worked around. However that may not be your best solution but you should contact an attorney and let the review all your specifics to advise you the best course of action.

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Tax Law, Banking and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am on a school board for a private school.

Can a parent make a donation to the school (501c3) and then ask for the money back if they move or enroll their child elsewhere?

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Jan 5, 2022

The parent can ask - but there isn't anything requiring the refund. There is no federal law, and most states classify the donation as a gift and therefore no longer the property of the person giving the donation, and thus not required to be returned. However, if the funds were donated with... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: What happens, in Oklahoma, if a partner dies that is in a partnership LLC?

No contract ever written. No operating agreement

James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr
answered on Sep 15, 2021

The personal representative of a member who dies becomes an assignee of the member's interest. The member's assignee interest could be distributed in a probate proceeding to the heirs or devisees of the decedent. The holder of the assignee interest can become a member upon a vote of the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Construction Law, Criminal Law and Environmental for Oklahoma on
Q: What is the law about distance of a dispensary to a baseball field in Oklahoma?

Distance of baseball field to dispensary

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Sep 7, 2021

There is not one. The limitation is in reference to a public or private school, so unless this baseball field is on school property, then there is no restriction currently.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: Can someone from out of state put a lien on our property for money he invested with no contract?

Had a guy that wanted to help us start our small business and invested some money but refused a contract. The business didn't play out the way he wanted after 7 months and wants all his money back. We hadn't made anything so se sold the assets he bought and sent him the money but is now... View More

Anna L Self
Anna L Self
answered on Aug 31, 2021

Usually, someone has to have a judgment to place a lien on your property when there is a dispute over money. In order to obtain a money judgment he would need to file a lawsuit and serve you with it. You would have the right to defend the suit and the Judge would determine if you owe him money or... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: How do i file a lawsuit and potentially file an embezzlement charge on my business partner and possibly our investor?

Can a managing business partner create a Distribution Agreement that circumvents company percentage ownership, clearly favoring his pocketbook?

Anna L Self
Anna L Self
answered on Aug 17, 2021

An embezzlement charge would be file by the District Attorney or a Federal Prosecutor. You would need an attorney to file a lawsuit for you.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation and Contracts for Oklahoma on
Q: What exactly makes a contract binding, and what legality surrounds verbal agreements?

My sister and her partner entered a contract written up by their friend, the friend, upon receiving the full amount of money will sign over everything in a building to them. However, I believe a verbal agreement was made that a full set of items would be included, yet the items were not in the... View More

Anna L Self
Anna L Self
answered on Jun 11, 2021

Verbal contracts are enforceable. However, they are harder to enforce. You would have to file a lawsuit against the party that didn't perform under the terms of the verbal contract. You would need witnesses to testify in court of the verbal contract and the terms. The judge would determine if... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am buying a Vending machine and going to place it in a bar that is 21 to enter. I want to put Tabacoo products in it

Do I need a special license to do so?.

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Jun 21, 2021

Yes - all vending machines have licensing requirements.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Copyright, Intellectual Property and Trademark for Oklahoma on
Q: If I buy something from a place like Etsy to put on a product that I sell and make from scratch. Am I good legally

I buy the product from a source that is allowed to make the sticker or decal and I put it on a product to sell. Do I still have to get a Craftman license to be able to sell that with that sticker on it?

Jessica Brown
Jessica Brown
answered on Mar 22, 2021

There isn't enough information here to fully answer your question.

It does, however, sound like (depending on a lot more information) you could get in trouble for copyright and/or trademark infringement, fraudulent misrepresentation, or something else.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.