Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Communications Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: If your neighbors blast their music everyday to the point where it vibrates the floor and you have called the cops what

Can you do legal wise to get them to stop

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 5, 2020

Contact the town; you can sue them for nuisance/destroying your quiet enjoyment.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Received 1991 texts between 7/1/19 thru 12/3/19 day and night can this be considered harassment

I share 50/50 custody with him and have told him not to contact me unless it is about our child he goes back in forth within mins of hating me and loving me

Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall answered on Dec 3, 2019

Yep, I'd call that harassment. Contact your local police about it.

Best of luck to you.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania on
Q: Say some one repeatedly says they’re going to have sexual relations with loved ones is that harassment?

Keeps saying they wanna do things like this

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 11, 2019

It's also a threat under some circumstances.

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Civil Litigation, Communications Law and Legal Malpractice for Pennsylvania on
Q: If an attorney makes an appearance as additional counsel for a plaintiff, is it required that both are on the filings?

I am currently a defendant in a civil matter in Pennsylvania. Two years into the case, a lawyer from a different law firm made an appearance as additional counsel "Lawyer A" for the plaintiff. This new law firm then made motions to the court without having the Plaintiff's original... Read more »

Elizabeth Tarasi
Elizabeth Tarasi answered on Oct 8, 2018

That is not usually how it goes. The judge will want all attorneys to enter their appearances.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Entertainment / Sports, Communications Law and Libel & Slander for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can you tell a true story on a podcast, change names and locations and it be legal? Can a teacher do this?

Is this libel if names are not used and locations are not mentioned? What defines Libel?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 26, 2018

Depends on the circumstances. It is not illegal but it could make it a case for libel.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: my friend is 16 she wants to go to texas to see her boyfriend , could she go ?

she talked to her mom , but her mom don’t listen

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 22, 2018

Technically her mom could report her as missing. Given the distance seems like she needs to figure out if this guy is worth the money as it sounds like he is getting the better of the deal.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Phone Seizure Questions, Please Help


Mr. Ryan L Hyde
Mr. Ryan L Hyde answered on Mar 11, 2018

You don't pose a question to be answered. Search and seizure law is pretty broad and fact specific. You can retry to post here but remember this an open forum and facts stated here can be used against you. Or you can consult local counsel and see if they can assist.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: woman signing me up to many websites from whom im receiving calls,emails and contacting family facebook and lying abt me

She keeps signing me up via my email address and phone number, along with my wife and we receive several calls/day from companies for which we have never signed up. She also creates fake Facebook profiles under our names and befriends our family and friends and lies about our relationship matters,... Read more »

Mr. Ryan L Hyde
Mr. Ryan L Hyde answered on Jan 10, 2017

No offense, but have you tried calling the police? Depending on the severity of these incidents they can take investigatory action and eventually even charge with stalking. Depending on the websites there are serious safety concerns with this type of behavior. Private criminal complaints are... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Divorce and Estate Planning for Pennsylvania on
Q: If a security deposit check is mailed to you, in your name, but you lived with another person. Is that check yours?

So, I was living with my husband (we were renting an apartment/house) but a divorce has been filed were waiting on the judge.

I moved out of the house and asked the landlords to take me off the lease but they refused for their own reasons. After that my husband moved out. Now I paid the... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Sep 14, 2015

Actually, it would be up to the divorce judge to decide, together with who is entitled to the rest of the marital property. You paid the deposit with your bonus check, true, but (assuming you were living together as husband an wife when you paid the deposit), the bonus check would have been... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.