Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington International Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and International Law for Washington on
Q: What would I do if I believe this page is endangering my father's life

I believe this article to be neglegant endangerment. Who can I reach out to.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 16, 2020

A Washington attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for three weeks. You could reach out to the publisher and ask them to take the page down while expressing your concerns. If that doesn't work, you could reach out to an attorney for a consult to explore options. You could... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Federal Crimes, Immigration Law and International Law for Washington on
Q: I just learned that I inadvertently committed a federal financial crime. Should I write a letter of explanation to IRS?

I'm from Canada and a US permanent resident ( through marriage) since 2011. I made several money transfers from Canada of less than $10,000 not knowing that this was a federal crime to do so. No one at my bank ever notified me of the potential problem. I am seeking a divorce and my US citizen... Read more »

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
answered on Nov 8, 2018

You need to speak with an attorney familiar with federal law around international financial transactions.

1 Answer | Asked in International Law for Washington on
Q: I am international student. I paid money to roommates before i came back to my country, but they did not pay ityet
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Jul 25, 2018

This isn’t a question. Perhaps you need to schedule a consult with a lawyer to help formulate a question.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and International Law for Washington on
Q: How do I go about hiring a lawyer about a case in France? Or maybe get some advice on what to do next

This is for my 24 yr old son.

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Jul 10, 2018

Many lawyers practicing International Trade law have contacts around the world and can research for qualified lawyers in foreign countries. Also, the U.S. Embassy in many countries maintains a list of local attorneys, though the reference may not constitute a referral. As far as I know, there is no... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.